Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Do makeup artists on Instagram use filters?
Previous  1  2

amother
NeonPurple

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 5:57 pm
pinkpeonies wrote:
No most do not edit. What they do use is a ringlight which gives smooth and even lighting to your face. What you did was terrible, honestly. I’m in a different line of work, but if a client that I worked super hard on called me up the way you did I would be shaking and crying for days. I would seriously reconsider my line of business (and for the record I am top in my field)
Before you ever do something like that, remember there is a REAL person there who is just trying her best.
The hall does not have the same lighting as a ringlight. It doesn’t mean that you looked so much worse in real life. That’s just what good lighting does and it’s not fooling anyone to say that
I honestly can’t get over how you spoke to a woman who puts her heart, soul, and talents into running a business

I'm sorry but your indignation is ridiculous. What do you think happens if the makeup for a professional-level photoshoot, say in the modeling or TV industry, looks terrible, and the makeup artist claims it was due to lighting? Lighting is a terrible excuse. It's like a dressmaker claiming a dress turned out terrible because the customer is a larger size than she usually works with. Your job is literally to make sure that the client looks beautiful in her specific circumstances. Skin type, lighting, face shape, etc. These are aspects that a makeup artist should be trained to deal with.

Additionally, the aggressive response of the makeup artist when she was met with negative feedback speaks volumes. She could have learned from this experience, not made the poor kallah feel even worse.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics