Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
When can I pull out of a playgroup?
Previous  1  2

Sesame

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 2:07 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
thank you
ill ask a shaila ofc good idea.

how do I word it to the morah? I am not confrontational im scared to upset her
text? phone?

Why the need to be confrontational??? She’s done nothing wrong, it’s appropriate to be honest and polite - no reason not to be…

amother
Cherry

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 8:14 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I reserved a spot for my son in a playgroup for september. I paid the morah this week

but I was just offered a new job in a new location which would mean I wouldnt send my child to that playgroup. deposit was 150$. im sure I lost it.

but I wanted to know if ethically its too late for me to pull out? its june 17, and I needed it for september time

does a deposit mean a guarantee a child will go to that school?

As a morah, I'd say you can pull out. It's 3 months in advance! But don't expect your deposit back. A day or 2 before would be a different story.
One year, a mother pulled out the night before playgroup started. She offered to pay a little for last minute cancelation. I asked a shayla and was told to charge her part of the 1st month if I don't fill it. (I had to take all my expenses, divide it by the amount of kids, charge her for her portion plus half of what my profit per child would be.) She was ok with that.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette