Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media
Would you feel bad in this case? How can I make it better?
Previous  1  2

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 11:20 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Because whether/what/how much to give is still under discussion, so unless I want to be the coordinator (which I don’t) just a one-time text isn’t enough.

HUH? When you text a bunch of people as a group and one responds, all those in the text see the response. A conversation can happen in text just as easily as in WhatsApp.

If you don't like text put them in the WhatsApp. If you are too uncomfortable adding them, don't. Or make a new WhatsApp called END OF YEAR GIFT FOR TEACHERS. Or... Don't have a class gift. Do your own. This is a mountain out of a molehill situation.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 11:21 am
Sesame wrote:
So just add the ppl you want added…. This feels like a lotta drama over nothing.

Thanks.

I guess that was my question. Whether that’s okay. To just add someone at this point. Especially someone whose number I have had since Purim but I just didn’t think of it.

Whether a new group is unnecessary drama, or the kind thing to do.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 11:24 am
Oops, duplicate

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 11:26 am
Sesame wrote:
So just add the ppl you want added…. This feels like a lotta drama over nothing.

Thanks.

I guess that was my question. Whether that’s okay. To just add someone at this point. Especially someone whose number I have had since Purim but I just didn’t think of it.

Whether a new group is unnecessary drama, or the kind thing to do.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 11:26 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
K, I guess I’m not familiar with group texts and I’d rather stay with WhatsApp.

Thanks. I know these are all fine options but I’m trying to do what is easiest for me without being unkind.

I understand and appreciate your thoughtfulness. But it just seems to me that the effort you put into posting about it here you could have already made the new WhatsApp group for the end of year gift many times over already. Really not trying to be snarky. Just saying.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 11:44 am
amother [ DarkMagenta ] wrote:
I understand and appreciate your thoughtfulness. But it just seems to me that the effort you put into posting about it here you could have already made the new WhatsApp group for the end of year gift many times over already. Really not trying to be snarky. Just saying.

I know. Making WhatsApp groups is easy and doesn’t take long. But then I think about the non-technical side— the things I need to explain in order to do that (what do I say to the existing group?) and then it’s not easy anymore…

Yes, I know I have a tendency towards overthinking, but when I’m the thick of it I often can’t tell what to do.

Sesame

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 11:54 am
Why say anything to the existing group? This is getting so complicated that I’d be inclined to just not do a group and not get a joint present.. too much headache for zero reason
I never knew there was so much drama over creating a class WhatsApp!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 12:01 pm
Sesame wrote:
Why say anything to the existing group? This is getting so complicated that I’d be inclined to just not do a group and not get a joint present.. too much headache for zero reason
I never knew there was so much drama over creating a class WhatsApp!

Why say anything to the existing group—because the conversation already stated there. So I feel like I need to explain making a basically duplicate group?

Believe me, skipping the attempt to give a class gift would be really complicated for me too…

And I wish I could get someone to manage my social media life!

Iymnok

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 12:22 pm
Just add them! They want to be included, I’m sure. Also call the other mothers who don’t have WhatsApp.
In 2 months change the name to the new grade and adjust for new kids.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media