Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Falls-pros and cons

nightingale1

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 12:35 pm
I am considering buying a fall. What are the pros/cons, what should I consider before getting one?

amother
Catmint

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 2:35 pm
How old are you?
I’m in my 20s and in my community I’m finding that those older then me don’t really wear falls.
However.
I LOVE it and barely wear my other wigs! I have a lot of cute beanies and headbands etc and they keep the fall out of my face which my regular wigs don’t have. I also randomly throw mine in a pony or low bun and it makes my life so much easier.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 4:53 pm
I'm 57 and just bought a fall last year. So the age thing isn't true. Anyone can wear anything they want to.

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 4:56 pm
I'm in my mid 20s and have one. For me the pro is that the hair out of my face and I could throw it in a pony unlike my regular shaitels. A huuuuge con for me that most other people don't have is that I don't love how I look in it with a band, only a beanie. Being that I can't wear beanies in the summer I don't wear it as often as I do in the winter.

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 4:59 pm
amother [ Catmint ] wrote:
How old are you?
I’m in my 20s and in my community I’m finding that those older then me don’t really wear falls.
However.
I LOVE it and barely wear my other wigs! I have a lot of cute beanies and headbands etc and they keep the fall out of my face which my regular wigs don’t have. I also randomly throw mine in a pony or low bun and it makes my life so much easier.

Just curious, who makes these rules? And what happens to the people who don't follow them?

(Keeping in in mind that older women are not likely to follow fashion as closely as younger women).

amother
Offwhite

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 5:02 pm
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
Just curious, who makes these rules? And what happens to the people who don't follow them?

(Keeping in in mind that older women are not likely to follow fashion as closely as younger women).

It's not about fashion but it makes you look much older once you start with wrinkles...
in my opinion same with a lace

amother
Catmint

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 5:03 pm
I specifically said in my community.
I know other women much older then me who wear falls. I said my community because where I live and in the circles I’m in I haven’t really seen it. That doesn’t mean it isn’t more common elsewhere. I thought it would be helpful to the OP if she wants to consider that as well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels