Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Help me plan a party

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 9:07 pm
I'm going to be vague because I don't want to chance being recognized.
I'm planning a small get together to celebrate a milestone event for a family member. It will be a bbq, and I think I'm setting up buffet style tables inside and outside.
I don't want it to be too bbq themed...like with red checkered tablecloths and picnic baskets...but I want it more elegant with style and glam but a little bit of bbq-kitsch.
Open to suggestions! Need to plan colors, decor, serving pieces, and paper goods.

amother
Yarrow

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 9:14 pm
I just did one with my SIL for a family event. Our theme was Tuscany. We used tan cloths for the table and I bought lemon yellow napkins on Amazon which we tied with ribbon. The centerpieces were blue flowering plants in pots from Trader Joes with smaller pots of white and pink kalanchoe plants. I also bought lemons, which we scattered on the tables. The plates were Italian tile print from Etsy. I decorated our food tables with pitchers of yellow and blue flowers (also from Trader Joes). It was rustic, but more elegant than a plain bbq. For a prior event, we used the same cloths with blue bandanas from Amazon for napkins tied with rope twine. Plates were bamboo and I did pitchers of mixed flowers from Trader Joes. Colors were white, pink, and blue.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics