Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Baby things - are these important/necessary?
Previous  1  2  3

Perrys

Post Sun, Jul 10 2022, 6:36 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
I love my Ubbi diaper pail that uses regular tall kitchen garbage bags.

I love and constantly use my baby monitor in our 3 story house (not a fancy one. Just basic 1 way sound is enough)

Never got a rocking chair but I do have a small couch/chair in my bedroom which I found very helpful to have somewhere comfortable to sit to feed my baby.

I like my free standing high chair. I like not having to "waste" a kitchen chair on a small high chair. Mine also can be attached to a chair if you want. And it has a booster seat.

I ended up with a bouncer because my baby was very kvetchy and unhappy and we needed to try something. We got a small, cheap one.

I don't nurse or pump so can't share on that.

amother
Clematis

Post Sun, Jul 10 2022, 7:58 pm
amother [ DarkCyan ] wrote:
The recommended time is 20 minutes. Do people really keep to that?

Probbaly not, because a car seat also counts as a container technically.

amother
NeonGreen

Post Sun, Jul 10 2022, 9:31 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
The other posts reminded me- I love my changing table. It's a removable frame and pad on top of a dresser perfect for baby clothes. I love not having to sit on the floor to change a diaper or get my baby dressed. No accidents on the carpet or couch or bed any more.

And for those who don't like a diaper pail- what do you do? A regular small garbage can? Take any dirty diapers out immediately? Even double wrapping a dirty diaper and putting it in my kitchen when gets taken out almost daily, I smelled it anyway.

I used scented diaper bags, and my garbage didn’t smell. Then again, my garbage is taken out at least once a day.

giftedmom

Post Sun, Jul 10 2022, 11:59 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hi experienced Imas,

I've gone bare bones in the past but am wondering if I should get anything outside of the pack and play (use it instead of a crib), car seat, click in stroller, sheets for the pack and play, clothes, diapers, wipes, and nursing accessories... Are the below necessary in your experience? Or are they very helpful?

Not our first rodeo but wondering if things would be significantly easier and more convenient if we did get any of the below.

Thank you!

Diaper pail with refillable diaper bags (used bread bags/shopping bags in the past, but now shopping bags aren't free anyway)
baby monitor (first time with a baby in a house with 3 floors)
rocking chair
free standing high chair (not one that buckles onto a regular chair)
small floor infant bouncer (have a plug in full standing one that doesn't move around, would you recommend the $20-30 for a small one that I can move around the house with me?
new nursing pump (old one works when I plug it in - but it's around 12 years old... Wouldn't be free for me, insurance has a hefty copay. Any reason to definitely get a new one?)

Please add your 2 cents - if there's anything else you would strongly recommend. Thank you!

I personally have no need for bouncers as I like to put my babies to sleep in their crib. High chair really depends if you have the space and if you have the chair to spare. They end up taking a lot of damage IME. Baby monitor is a must with 3 floors. Baby gym (doesn’t have to be an expensive one) gets a lot of use in my house. Baby mobile is great too. Baby carrier (again doesn’t have to be expensive) is a lifesaver when baby wants to be held and you need to do other things. Definitely pays to get a better pump. They make really convenient ones these days that you can tuck into your bra and move around with.

amother
Foxglove

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 2:03 am
amother [ Gladiolus ] wrote:
Could you link your baby monitor please?

Sure, I found it but I apologize it's more money than I said in the post, I thought it had been cheaper. But it's still working well.

Video Baby Monitor with Camera and Audio - https://a.co/d/9xvKGwt
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics