Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Chicken pox
Previous  1  2

amother
Firethorn

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 9:01 pm
I mean no offense, op, I'm just curious. I understand your children cannot get the chicken pox shot due to genetic reasons. But, how is it safe for them to have the chicken pox?

I'm assuming it's the chicken pox component that makes it a problem since you say they're fully vaccinated otherwise

Chayalle

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 9:15 pm
amother [ DarkRed ] wrote:
Anyone over thirty remember when everyone got chicken pox as a kid and the exposed adults weren't worried because they had all gotten it as children? Parents wanted their kids to catch it and get lifelong immunity while they were young and able to fight it easily.
Chicken pox is the new measles where you are a rodef if you don't vaccinate because the shot may have worn off for young pregnant women. It's insane how we tampered with science so much we created a whole new set of problems. The children who are safe getting chicken pox are now protected and adults who are at risk for complications because of their age are not guaranteed protection from the vaccine they had as kids.
Interesting how noone cares when babies are out and about with roseola or the fifth disease
Maybe it's because there is no vaccine for it yet?

Actually, I know adults who had severe cases of chicken pox as children. And you do know that there is a percentage of people who die from the chicken pox, right?

amother
DarkCyan

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 9:17 pm
BTW if OP is exposing her child purposely, It is way less likely that he will expose others. because she knows Exactly what day to start keeping her child away from ppl. (when he may be contagious) even if the pox didn't come out yet. That is way safer than someone catching it unknowingly and then spreading it because they wouldn't dream their child is carrying it. After all they are vaccinated.

Personally, I don't believe in purposely exposing my children to any disease, but I totally get why someone would. and I definitely would allow s/o to bring their child to expose them if my child had a disease they wanted to catch.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 9:19 pm
So after exposing him, OP will keep her child home and isolated for the next 2 weeks?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 9:55 pm
Chayalle wrote:
So after exposing him, OP will keep her child home and isolated for the next 2 weeks?
Yes. I already did that. But after being home for 2 weeks, when no symptoms showed, I took a blood test to check for titers. Still negative. So I need to start again.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 9:56 pm
amother [ Milk ] wrote:
You have you reasons fine. But don't come onto a public forum announcing that this is what you want to do.
Is that your version of saying I'm Sorry?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 9:58 pm
amother [ Eggplant ] wrote:
Sounds like you need a new doctor. All of mine deal with emails and pictures and don't nickel and dime every second. You still didn't take a deep breath. No need to feel sorry for anyone that's a major overreaction. Why are you so worked up?

Thank you Eggplant!

amother
Nemesia

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 10:02 pm
Chayalle wrote:

A child doesn't become contagious the second s/he is exposed to chickenpox. That's just not how the science works.

Chickenpox typically starts showing 14 days after initial exposure. Child is contagious during the incubation period which is 1-2 days prior to first sign of the disease - which means the child has a good week post-exposure when it's 100% safe for him/her to be in public.

And she can only do this because she knowingly exposed him/her. Had the child randomly picked it up from anywhere, the mother wouldn't know to keep the child isolated prior to signs of the disease.

amother
Milk

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 10:08 pm
amother [ Eggplant ] wrote:
Sounds like you need a new doctor. All of mine deal with emails and pictures and don't nickel and dime every second. You still didn't take a deep breath. No need to feel sorry for anyone that's a major overreaction. Why are you so worked up?

I know I do. Asap. If you'll read the other thread you'll see what my dr is all about. I can't switch from today to tomorrow. I knew I was unhappy but somehow stuck it out. After my last experience you bet I'll switch. I just need to see my options.

amother
Puce

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 10:08 pm
amother [ Nemesia ] wrote:
A child doesn't become contagious the second s/he is exposed to chickenpox. That's just not how the science works.

Chickenpox typically starts showing 14 days after initial exposure. Child is contagious during the incubation period which is 1-2 days prior to first sign of the disease - which means the child has a good week post-exposure when it's 100% safe for him/her to be in public.

And she can only do this because she knowingly exposed him/her. Had the child randomly picked it up from anywhere, the mother wouldn't know to keep the child isolated prior to signs of the disease.

Wow, you sound really knowledgeable! Perhaps you know, then. What genetic condition would make the varicella vaccine either useless or dangerous while all other vaccines are okay, and at the same time natural infection with chicken pox would indeed lead to immunity and not be unduly dangerous?

amother
Milk

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 10:12 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Is that your version of saying I'm Sorry?

No. Not at all. I don't feel I need to apologize. I understand you have your reasons but I'll repeat. To come onto a public forum with a request like this is wrong. I'm sorry you feel otherwise. Those who know me irl know I'm the first person to admit to a mistake. I don't think I did anything wrong the same way you feel you didn't do anything wrong. We have our opinions. One is yours one is mine.

amother
Ultramarine

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 10:15 pm
All you frantic Americans are literally sounding ridiculous to the rest of the world where this is not a thing. NOT A THING. You make sure kids get it before puberty is called ResponsiblE. When intentional, exposure mothers are isolating kids in the correct timing hoping it worked.

amother
Milk

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 10:19 pm
amother [ DarkRed ] wrote:
Anyone over thirty remember when everyone got chicken pox as a kid and the exposed adults weren't worried because they had all gotten it as children? Parents wanted their kids to catch it and get lifelong immunity while they were young and able to fight it easily.
Chicken pox is the new measles where you are a rodef if you don't vaccinate because the shot may have worn off for young pregnant women. It's insane how we tampered with science so much we created a whole new set of problems. The children who are safe getting chicken pox are now protected and adults who are at risk for complications because of their age are not guaranteed protection from the vaccine they had as kids.
Interesting how noone cares when babies are out and about with roseola or the fifth disease
Maybe it's because there is no vaccine for it yet?

I'm close to 40. Yes. Most of us had chickenpox as kids. I don't rodef anybody who doesn't vaccinate. Before covid Era I did. I admit I did. Covid politics taught me a whole lot. I so understand people who delay vaccines or don't give at all. Do I agree with the anti vaxers? No but I get their perspective and I understand where they're coming from.
Regarding your last line, after my last experience with my dr I did a whole lot of reading on chickenpox and the vaccine itself. There's a study that the immunity you get from the actual disease lasts alot longer than the immunity you get from the vaccine. Nevertheless, I would never intentionally expose my kids or others.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 12 2022, 12:08 am

True!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 12 2022, 12:10 am
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
Wow, you sound really knowledgeable! Perhaps you know, then. What genetic condition would make the varicella vaccine either useless or dangerous while all other vaccines are okay, and at the same time natural infection with chicken pox would indeed lead to immunity and not be unduly dangerous?
How would she know about genetics?
You DO realize that there's a difference between knowing what is common knowledge vs a particular private issue?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 12 2022, 12:12 am
amother [ Firethorn ] wrote:
I mean no offense, op, I'm just curious. I understand your children cannot get the chicken pox shot due to genetic reasons. But, how is it safe for them to have the chicken pox?

I'm assuming it's the chicken pox component that makes it a problem since you say they're fully vaccinated otherwise
it's the chicken pox vaccine. I really don't want to go into details for the sole reason of being bashed. It's not shayach to others but to my family so it's not le'toyelet to elaborate. and if I do elaborate, posters will come and bash that I have an agenda and am anti vax. I did not come here to argue. You asked so respectfully so I answered.

Hashem should keep all of Am Yisroel healthy. This vaccine has done a lot of good!

amother
Nemesia

Post Tue, Jul 12 2022, 12:19 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
How would she know about genetics?
You DO realize that there's a difference between knowing what is common knowledge vs a particular private issue?

And I'm sitting here and wondering "How should I know?" Twisted Evil

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 12 2022, 12:24 am
And I'm sitting here and wondering "How should I know?" Twisted Evil
LOL

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 12 2022, 12:25 am
Thank you dear imas who supported me!! It's painful when you're forced to go against the crowd and also be bashed for it..
I'm sorry if I hurt anyone or made anyone uncomfortable!
I will ask the mods to lock this thread. But I just want to add a message before doing so: there are people who are going through challenges you know nothing about. So thank Hashem for it.
Whoever can help, please contact me. nurseryboysclass@gmail.com
Whoever is here to argue - bye bye!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic       Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries