Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Need chizuk..lost my job and I'm a single mom

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 18 2022, 6:48 am
Hi all,
Posting here in hopes of getting some chizuk and support.
I have been crying all Shabbas and Sunday. Im a single mom who just lost my job. I'm panicking. I have large monthly expenses and don't receive child support. I have zero desire to go back to mediation to renegotiate custody as it won't be in the best interest of the kids. BH I have savings and I'm sure I'll find another job soon but the fear of the unknown is paralyzing.

I am a strong person and I know I'll get through this. I just need to hear some kind words from random people on the internet Smile

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Jul 18 2022, 6:55 am
Wow you seem like a really strong person. I have no pearls of wisdom, but I do want to give you a Brocha that you should find something much better, something beyond your expectations, so that this turns out to be a blessing in disguise.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Jul 18 2022, 6:57 am
You do sound very strong BH!! IyH your next job will be even better for you. Yes, it’s hard now because obviously you don’t know exactly when or where you’ll be working yet and you have every right to feel concerned. Just know that Hashem runs the world and will always take care of you. Everything that happens is for the best. On that note, you can be very hopeful that your new job (that Hashem already knows about) will hopefully pay more and you’ll also be able to work less. Did you apply for unemployment yet? It’s not much but it’s something you’ll get weekly by just filling out a form. I believe they will pay you from the day you lost your job. Much hatzlocha while you search for a new job. You sound like an incredible person and mother.

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Jul 18 2022, 6:58 am
I'm not a single mom but 6 months ago I was exactly where you are. I had to use a lot of gevurah not to fall apart and not to let myself think those panicky thoughts.

BH I found a new job quickly and in many ways it's better than my old job.

Apply for unemployment while you're waiting. Also look into taking any type of job-related course so you don't feel like your days are wasted while you're looking for work.

Hatzlacha.

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Jul 18 2022, 6:58 am
That sounds tough! Wishing you much Hatzlacha in finding a good job soon!

amother
IndianRed

Post Mon, Jul 18 2022, 7:05 am
Sending you strength from one single Mom to another. I too, recently lost one of my jobs as my hours were cut. Its a huge source of income cut.
I managed to get a temporary job until Sukkos but after that, who knows. Its a worrying time.

When Hashem closes one door He opens another, I hope something even better and more suited to you and your needs will come along really soon for you....

amother
Dahlia

Post Mon, Jul 18 2022, 9:50 am
Contact sister to sister, they help with job placement/guidance for divorced women
https://www.sistertosisternetw.....ance/

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Jul 18 2022, 9:54 am
amother [ Dahlia ] wrote:
Contact sister to sister, they help with job placement/guidance for divorced women
https://www.sistertosisternetw.....ance/

👍

amother
Stonewash

Post Mon, Jul 18 2022, 10:00 am
Oy! So hard!
Do you feel comfortable posting your field and location? Maybe someone has an idea or knows of something

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Jul 18 2022, 10:34 am
Single mom here as well. Let’s see if we can problem-solve. What’s your industry? Do you live in the US?

amother
Anemone

Post Mon, Jul 18 2022, 11:04 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hi all,
Posting here in hopes of getting some chizuk and support.
I have been crying all Shabbas and Sunday. Im a single mom who just lost my job. I'm panicking. I have large monthly expenses and don't receive child support. I have zero desire to go back to mediation to renegotiate custody as it won't be in the best interest of the kids. BH I have savings and I'm sure I'll find another job soon but the fear of the unknown is paralyzing.

I am a strong person and I know I'll get through this. I just need to hear some kind words from random people on the internet Smile

I’m a single mom who lost her job shortly before Covid. It was scary and devastating. Because of changes in the industry, it didn’t seem like I would be able to get another job in what I was trained in. I couldn’t imagine how Hashem was going to “get me out of this one”. I couldn’t have fathomed that He would send a pandemic to the world who would change life as we know it and provide major financial opportunities in my field.

This is such a difficult test. And the unknowns are daunting, but bezH you will have a Yeshua bigger and better than you could have imagined

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Jul 18 2022, 12:33 pm
Hugs!
I'll try to remember you in Bareich Aleinu next time.
I hope the hashgacha pratis is obvious, obviously good, and makes it appearance bkarov!
And if there are any community resources you qualify for, please make use of them. If you were in my community I would completely endorse allocating them to you.

Lashes

Post Mon, Jul 18 2022, 1:16 pm
Op, you are a powerhouse of emunah and bitachon, you give me chizzuk!

amother
Ebony

Post Mon, Jul 18 2022, 1:22 pm
Not a single mom, but during Covid my husband and I were both on unemployment. Two years later we are making double what we were making pre Covid. I’ve seen that Hashem can perform miracles, and I wish you a huge yeshua like we had. It’s so stressful while you are waiting for it. I will have you in mind when I say nishmas today.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 20 2022, 9:44 am
Thank you everyone! I'm located in NJ and have sales and operations experience. I was just let go from an upper level managerial position. I'm happy to share my resume if anyone has any leads! Thank you so much ❤️

amother
Dahlia

Post Wed, Jul 20 2022, 9:49 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you everyone! I'm located in NJ and have sales and operations experience. I was just let go from an upper level managerial position. I'm happy to share my resume if anyone has any leads! Thank you so much ❤️

If you're in Lakewood check out this page with lots of job postings: https://twitter.com/LakewoodNJJobs

also check the BP weekly classifieds

amother
Iris

Post Wed, Jul 20 2022, 9:50 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Where in NJ?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics