Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Terrible Twos!!!!

Mimisinger

Post Thu, May 15 2008, 8:01 pm
So, ds is turning 2 in a month and is driving me crazy!!! He was always...active. But, now, he's gone completely mad. He has tantrums when he doesn't get what he wants. He hits me when he doesn't get what he wants. Besides the normal destruction that he leaves in his wake, it's now wide-spread. My house looks like a tornado came through.

Is this normal? Most of his friends are just like him, meaning I can't really compare what's normal. A couple are girls, one boy has disabilities and the other boy is just very small and quiet. B"H ds is all boy and very vivacious and full of life. But I am just so tired. And my house is a wreck.

Help!

(Oh and please be gentle as I'm not using amother)

yo'ma

Post Thu, May 15 2008, 8:51 pm
Not all kids go through the terrible two's, but yes, it is normal. Just try to be patient and soon the horrible three's will be here!!! LOL

agh

Post Thu, May 15 2008, 8:58 pm
totallly normal- I find that I am constantly telling my 2 yr old to pick up his toys or put something back where he found it. I think that sometimes he just cant process it. but I think if I keep telling him every time he takes things out to eventually put it back, even if I help him, eventually he will get it!! at least I hope so!

NotInNJMommy

Post Thu, May 15 2008, 9:01 pm
Mine skipped the T2's or they just waited until right before his third bday.

I'm hoping something beautiful and magically and mentsch making will happen after his upsherenish next week... hey, I can daven.

btMOMtoFFBs

Post Thu, May 15 2008, 9:06 pm
pretty normal... grin and bear it.

zigi

Post Thu, May 15 2008, 9:12 pm
hugs (((())) dd drives me crazy, she bounces off the walls and wants to everything her own way... agh... .. the good news is that ds calmed down he is now 4 so there is hope!

Mimisinger

Post Thu, May 15 2008, 9:21 pm
Oy I cannot wait for another 2 years!!! I will go crazy!

amother

Post Thu, May 15 2008, 10:39 pm
he prob just needs lots of hugs and extra attention. a good book is what to expect from your toddler. they dont know how to properly communicate and u can help guide them which can cause them to not tantrum so much/

Mimisinger

Post Thu, May 15 2008, 11:33 pm
Amother thank you for the book title. I will def. look into it.

But also, he's my only one. He gets loads of attention and hugs and kisses galore. But, I'll give more.

flowerpower

Post Thu, May 15 2008, 11:36 pm
mimi very normal. the fun just began. wait until hes three. my advice is one word-consistancy. be very firm and show him u mean business.

mom7270

Post Thu, May 15 2008, 11:37 pm
mimisinger- we should form a club. ds just turned two and hes driving me up a wall. every time I turn around for a second theres another catasrophe he created. and when he wants something- forget abt tantrums, he growls and beats me up... and punishments dont help, he thinks its one big joke. sigh..... I think hes bored and thats the issue so im looking forward to the summer iy"h where I'll be in the country and at least he'll have some day camp...

chavaj

Post Tue, May 20 2008, 2:47 pm
I'm sorry that others are also having such trouble with their two year olds, but it does make me feel better... my 2 year old creates more trouble and mess than the other three kids combined! When she doesn't get things exactly how she wants she goes at me with her teeth... I have learned to dodge after receiving a very painful bite on my inner-thigh...

I know it is normal, but I often feel like pulling my hair out (literally) with frustration... she also gets lots of hugs and kisses and attention... she's always had a strong personality and this is just a continuation of that!

Everything is "me do it, me do it, me do it," even things that are way beyond her skill level... as for punishing, she also either thinks it is a joke, or just starts acting worse... although I have to say that once she kept trying to get into the room where the baby was sleeping... first, I locked the door, but she still kept pounding away... so I gave her a short time out in her crib (like 30 seconds)... she ran back to the door... I gave her a short time out... she ran back to the door... I gave her a short time out... maybe after this repeated ten times or so, she finally gave up pounding on the door...

Usually I try to distract her in a situation like this ("Oooh, look at the birdie on our balcony!"), but she refused to be distracted this time (and plenty of other times)...

Good luck... you are not alone!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics