Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art
Lag BaOmer

Tamiri

Post Thu, May 22 2008, 1:06 pm
I got a few pictures before the festivities started... I'll see if I can get good pictures in the dark.

What our house looked like after the 7th graders used us as a warehouse:

Pallets piled up in the driveway:

Kids getting their pile ready in the empty lot:

grin

Post Thu, May 22 2008, 1:35 pm
don't forget to set the camera for night photos.

(one year, the fire was so big and strong, my camera refused to work until it was much smaller! there's a downside to electronics.)

flowerpower

Post Thu, May 22 2008, 1:37 pm
Tamiir-I knew it was your pics before seeing the name. Are you allowed to make a fire anywhere or are there specific places?

Tamiri

Post Thu, May 22 2008, 2:38 pm
Both cameras are DEAD! I took a couple while it was still daylight, planning to take night pix later on. One camera is just not working, and the one that did the existing photos... we'll have to see if I have batteries soon enough to take pix.
Basically, where I live (Yishuv) any empty spot is fair game for a bonfire. I happen to live in a house which is directly across from a big, wide open empty space scheduled to turn into a basketball court/Soccer field. I am thankful this is a rental - I gotta get outta here.
Flower, how did you know the pix are mine? The motorcycle (covered near the pallets) gave me away? Very Happy

smiley:)

Post Thu, May 22 2008, 2:46 pm
I am so into taking pics but my camera doesnt do well at night. Shame. There are about 8 bonfires going on in the back open area of my house.

Tamiri

Post Thu, May 22 2008, 2:59 pm

Tamiri

Post Fri, May 23 2008, 12:10 am
These are movies! (films, in British English)

Last edited by Tamiri on Fri, May 23 2008, 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total

hila

Post Fri, May 23 2008, 12:31 am
I did not take the photos - but they could have been mine. We drove back from jerusalem last night (after looking at wedding halls) to the smell of smoke and the sight of bonfires in all the yishuvim we passed.

We then stayed taking our turn watching my son's fire till about 12:30 am.

BH it is nearly Shabbat.

No school today

Chag Sameach !

Tamiri

Post Fri, May 23 2008, 5:53 am
It was strange here this year. There were far, far less bonfires than in the past few years we've been here. There was no early am smoke haze and there was no lingering smell in the air. We were not awaken by screaming and yelling at all. I wonder what happened.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art