Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
La Isha tell me everything

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 25 2022, 9:17 am
I'm only in my second trimester but I'm nervous about post baby. It looks like I won't have much support this time around. I feel very anxious about hiring a nurse so La Isha is probably my best bet. Although new situations in general make me uncomfortable, so ... can someone fill me in on everything La Isha?

First, what does it cost? I need to start saving, or maybe someone will help sponsor. Is 2 weeks a normal stay?

What do people wear there? I'm normally holed up in a bedroom post baby and in a comfy nightgown but it sounds like with La Isha I will need to see people in order to eat.

Speaking of seeing people, I'm very shy. What do people normally talk about and how much shmoozing should I expect?

Do they help take care of baby after the bris? Bandages freak me out.

What else? Tell me everything. Please!

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Aug 25 2022, 9:20 am
amother OP wrote:
I'm only in my second trimester but I'm nervous about post baby. It looks like I won't have much support this time around. I feel very anxious about hiring a nurse so La Isha is probably my best bet. Although new situations in general make me uncomfortable, so ... can someone fill me in on everything La Isha?

First, what does it cost? I need to start saving, or maybe someone will help sponsor. Is 2 weeks a normal stay?

What do people wear there? I'm normally holed up in a bedroom post baby and in a comfy nightgown but it sounds like with La Isha I will need to see people in order to eat.

Speaking of seeing people, I'm very shy. What do people normally talk about and how much shmoozing should I expect?

Do they help take care of baby after the bris? Bandages freak me out.

What else? Tell me everything. Please!

I gave birth 8 days ago and am considering going. Here is what they emailed us.

At La Isha, you will receive 24 hours nursing care, all items needed for the baby including diapers, creams, clothing, formula, etc. You will be served 3 gourmet meals a day prepared by our in-house chef, and have snacks available all day: fresh pastries, fruit, sweets, and ice cream. Bedrooms are luxurious, clean, modern, and comfortable with a reclining chair for each guest. We offer a range of fun activities including crafts, pampering, lactation consulting, etc.

We take babies up to two weeks after birth into our nursery.

Our rates are as follows:

Private suite - $325/night

Private room - $285/night

Shared room- $225/night

There is a minimum 3-night stay.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 25 2022, 9:28 am
Thanks, do you know what the difference is with a private room vs suite?

oneofakind

Post Thu, Aug 25 2022, 9:29 am
It's a beautiful place with great food and very nice staff. I've only visited.

amother
Butterscotch

Post Thu, Aug 25 2022, 9:50 am
Following. Can you room in with your baby if you prefer?

amother
Hunter

Post Thu, Aug 25 2022, 10:49 am
amother Butterscotch wrote:
Following. Can you room in with your baby if you prefer?

Yes. Rooms are stunning, beds are very comfortable. It's a very relaxed, quiet, low key atmosphere.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 25 2022, 11:38 am
Has anyone shared a room? and what was that like.

amother
Clear

Post Thu, Aug 25 2022, 11:38 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks, do you know what the difference is with a private room vs suite?

I took a suite when I went there for 3 days. I wanted to get all the pampering I could get. The suite had a sitting area with a couch along with a small kitchen area. I didn't really use the kitchen so much as they had very gourmet meals along with cake and fruit and ice cream for between the meals. But I did like the couch - the room felt spacious! The bed was also very deluxe - went up and down (electronically). I don't know what the regular room looks like, but it looked a little smaller, possibly had two beds for a time that they doubled up ladies.

amother
Canary

Post Thu, Aug 25 2022, 12:00 pm
I went and it was amazing
Very chilled, food was beyond amazing and the company was also very nice and veryyy diverse

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Aug 25 2022, 12:08 pm
Anyone know the ages that usually go? First time moms? Second timers and on? Or most of them were middle age with a few kids?

amother
Hunter

Post Thu, Aug 25 2022, 12:13 pm
amother Lawngreen wrote:
Anyone know the ages that usually go? First time moms? Second timers and on? Or most of them were middle age with a few kids?

When I was there, there were women of all age ranges. Ranging from 1st time mom's to grandma's kh. One of the women had an 8 year old grandchild! She has 4 marrieds and had a kallah at home at the time.

amother
Mintgreen

Post Thu, Aug 25 2022, 12:31 pm
amother Hunter wrote:
When I was there, there were women of all age ranges. Ranging from 1st time mom's to grandma's kh. One of the women had an 8 year old grandchild! She has 4 marrieds and had a kallah at home at the time.

Wow kah! Wonder how old she is!

amother
Springgreen

Post Thu, Aug 25 2022, 12:36 pm
I went there after my second for just three days. I think one week is the average stay. They take right after bris and handle all the aftercare. It was a range of ages and also hashkafas which was nice. People walk around in their robes, even on Shabbos. It’s very chill. Also, as far as meals, it’s all set up communal but no one judges if you grab the food and take to your room.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 25 2022, 12:38 pm
amother Springgreen wrote:
I went there after my second for just three days. I think one week is the average stay. They take right after bris and handle all the aftercare. It was a range of ages and also hashkafas which was nice. People walk around in their robes, even on Shabbos. It’s very chill. Also, as far as meals, it’s all set up communal but no one judges if you grab the food and take to your room.
Thanks, so what's the best timing to go then? After the bris for a week?

amother
Peachpuff

Post Thu, Aug 25 2022, 12:46 pm
amother OP wrote:

I know people who went straight from the hospital. It depends on when you need them. Some women are scared to take care of their babies after the bris so they want help then. I personally would rather go straight from the hospital when I'm really weak.

amother
Hunter

Post Thu, Aug 25 2022, 12:52 pm
amother OP wrote:

I went before the bris, went home for the vach nacht and bris, and went back after the bris.

amother
Mimosa

Post Thu, Aug 25 2022, 2:00 pm
I went 11 days after my baby was born and 1 day after my brothers wedding for 5 days. Worked out amazingly for me because the well get birth I’m on a high and then I crash the next week.

Next time I’ll take a full week!!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 25 2022, 2:29 pm
amother Hunter wrote:
I went before the bris, went home for the vach nacht and bris, and went back after the bris.
How long were you there for?

amother
Hunter

Post Thu, Aug 25 2022, 2:31 pm
amother OP wrote:
How long were you there for?

10 days.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 25 2022, 2:35 pm
amother Hunter wrote:
10 days.
thanks. That is probably the solution for me. Wish there were some way to get a discount-it's a lot!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries