Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Non-ANON Unpopular opinions!
  Previous  1  2  3 19  20  21 25  26  27  Next

hodeez

Post Sun, Aug 28 2022, 11:25 am
I enjoy doing homework with my kids

BrisketBoss

Post Sun, Aug 28 2022, 11:32 am
hodeez wrote:
I enjoy doing homework with my kids

That is truly amazing! I have never heard the like. (No sarcasm)

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Sun, Aug 28 2022, 11:44 am
Not doing laundry on Rosh chodesh means not doing laundry.

Debbie

Post Sun, Aug 28 2022, 11:58 am
[quote="lavender_dew"]What is it with calling grown adults “girls” and “boys”? Whether they are married or not? An adult is an adult.

This absolutely.
I remember going for a sheitel appointment before my wedding and the sheitel machers daughter asked her mother "Who's this lady?
Mother replied "She's not a lady yet!"
I was 25 years old but because I didn't yet wear a wedding ring or a head covering I wasn't a lady.
Prior to that I was oblivious to the 'fact' that being a lady depended on marital status.

smss

Post Sun, Aug 28 2022, 12:02 pm
No Jew should pledge full allegiance to or identify as a member of EITHER the Republican or Democrat party.
There are anti-Torah beliefs in the ideologies of both parties.

Along these lines, sometimes Christian ideology can LOOK like Jewish ideology at the surface level - but it is not.

BH Yom Yom

Post Sun, Aug 28 2022, 12:10 pm
smss wrote:
No Jew should pledge full allegiance to or identify as a member of EITHER the Republican or Democrat party.
There are anti-Torah beliefs in the ideologies of both parties.

Along these lines, sometimes Christian ideology can LOOK like Jewish ideology at the surface level - but it is not.

Exactly.

RW Xtians do NOT represent Torah values!!

Most politicians are by definition corrupt.

Being somewhat better for the Jews does NOT equal being Torahdig.

BH Yom Yom

Post Sun, Aug 28 2022, 12:14 pm
Kosher food is not automatically healthier or more “pure.”

Coffee is an addictive substance. So is sugar. (I like them though.)

A 50 year-old unmarried person is not a “girl” or a “boy,” and an 18-year-old is not more of a “man” or a “lady” because of their marital status.

There should be mandatory paid maternity and paternity leave for a minimum of two months in every US state.

With the exception of strawberry shortcake, fruitcake is unappetizing.

BH Yom Yom

Post Sun, Aug 28 2022, 12:34 pm
Being from the “older generation” doesn’t automatically make a person better or “on a higher madreiga.”

Skunks are adorable (no, I wouldn’t have one as a pet because of the spray issue).

Summer fruit (peaches, plums, nectarines, melon) is more enjoyable to eat than fall/winter fruit (apples, oranges).

Chickensoupprof

Post Sun, Aug 28 2022, 12:39 pm
British English is so much more sophisticated than American English.

Debbie

Post Sun, Aug 28 2022, 12:40 pm
My unpopular opinion is that bensching out loud is inconsiderate, unless one is teaching a child or everyone is singing it together.

vintagebknyc

Post Sun, Aug 28 2022, 12:48 pm
BH Yom Yom wrote:
Being from the “older generation” doesn’t automatically make a person better or “on a higher madreiga.”

Skunks are adorable (no, I wouldn’t have one as a pet because of the spray issue).

Summer fruit (peaches, plums, nectarines, melon) is more enjoyable to eat than fall/winter fruit (apples, oranges).

I'll take that a step further and say that summer fruit is superior to winter fruit.

Debbie

Post Sun, Aug 28 2022, 12:57 pm
It's irritating when people say they are going to Europe as if it's a single country!

hodeez

Post Sun, Aug 28 2022, 12:59 pm
It's weird that nightgowns are sold in lingerie shops in bp

Debbie

Post Sun, Aug 28 2022, 1:07 pm
Being older doesn't give a person an automatic right to respect.
That should be based on how a person conducts themself not their age.

smss

Post Sun, Aug 28 2022, 1:24 pm
We don't do a good enough job of telling prospective converts what they're really getting themselves into. The "3 time dissuade" should not just be about "there are so many mitzvos and they're hard." We need to tell them about the costs of frum living (sheitels, clothing, tuition, Shabbos/YT, simchos, yeshiva, seminary), the pressure to have a large family, the flaws of the shidduch system, the difficulty of integrating into the community fully as a convert.

And minors should never ever be converted and I'd really like to see the minimum age for conversion set at 25 when the brain is fully developed.

(This opinion is based off situations I know personally where there's a lot of regrets and resentment)

Not_in_my_town

Post Sun, Aug 28 2022, 1:40 pm
smss wrote:
We don't do a good enough job of telling prospective converts what they're really getting themselves into. The "3 time dissuade" should not just be about "there are so many mitzvos and they're hard." We need to tell them about the costs of frum living (sheitels, clothing, tuition, Shabbos/YT, simchos, yeshiva, seminary), the pressure to have a large family, the flaws of the shidduch system, the difficulty of integrating into the community fully as a convert.

And minors should never ever be converted and I'd really like to see the minimum age for conversion set at 25 when the brain is fully developed.

(This opinion is based off situations I know personally where there's a lot of regrets and resentment)

The bolded. Ten thousands times over.

smss

Post Sun, Aug 28 2022, 1:59 pm
Not_in_my_town wrote:
The bolded. Ten thousands times over.

It's very very real.

singleagain

Post Sun, Aug 28 2022, 2:31 pm
My political and religious views can differ and that doesn't make me a bad Jew

Laiya

Post Sun, Aug 28 2022, 2:50 pm
If you take 16 slivers of cake, it's still the same amount of calories as one or two (or three) regular pieces.

Laiya

Post Sun, Aug 28 2022, 3:01 pm
Motherhood does not confer the magical ability to know where everyone left their shoes, or hairbrush, or homework, or...
Page 20 of 27   Previous  1  2  3 19  20  21 25  26  27  Next Recent Topics