Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Bra Shopping for Hard-to-Fit Teen in Brooklyn?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 8:51 am
We've gone to Saposh, Myself Lingerie, and Your Top Priority. She is very thin with a large cup size. They have all given her the same bra and said it's the best they could do. It's a Wacoal underwire sports bra, costs over $60 apiece, and doesn't really fit properly - it sticks out in the middle.
Can anyone recommend a different store that will hopefully be able to come up with something different? She's been wearing this same bra for years and really isn't happy with it. She's tried ordering different ones online as well, but it never works out.
Any help would be appreciated!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 9:05 am
Anyone?

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 9:10 am
I don't know which store in Brooklyn you can go to since I don't live there. But ask for the Abergele bra. There are a few. It's a game changer!
I have been at least a DD my entire life and am otherwise petite. This is the best bra I have ever worn. They also make a no wire long-line bra that I use for certain evening wear. Literally makes me look a few sizes smaller.

amother
Dahlia

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 9:57 am
There's a specialty shop in Manhattan for hard to fit

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 10:26 am
amother DarkMagenta wrote:
I don't know which store in Brooklyn you can go to since I don't live there. But ask for the Abergele bra. There are a few. It's a game changer!
I have been at least a DD my entire life and am otherwise petite. This is the best bra I have ever worn. They also make a no wire loneliness bra that I use for certain evening wear. Literally makes me look a few sizes smaller.

Thanks, I will definitely look into it.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 10:27 am
amother Dahlia wrote:

Thanks, do you have any further information? That’s not a lot to go on. I don’t want to chance it with this type of item…

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 10:33 am
amother Dahlia wrote:

I was there many years ago and was not any happier there than at all the other places. Maybe things have changed since.

Ahuva

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 10:34 am
If you are ever in Monsey the people in Robe Gallery really know how to fit . And yes they sell the Abergele bras.

Rubies

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 11:18 am
Abrathatfits on reddit. Lots of resources and information - you'll learn why things don't fit and which size and style she needs.

ima22

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 11:29 am
Towne shoppe in Manhattan. You could also try Nordstrom. Be prepared to pay but well worth it if you truly can't find a fit anywhere else.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 11:32 am
Thank you!

amother
Dahlia

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 12:45 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks, do you have any further information? That’s not a lot to go on. I don’t want to chance it with this type of item…

Orchard Corset is highly recommended.

(There are also other specialty shops like Bra Tenders, Linda’s Bra Salon, Town Shoppe, Bra Smyth)

amother
Celeste

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 12:56 pm
Maybe orchard street lingerie store on the lower east side

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 4:00 pm
Thank you all.

amother
Outerspace

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 4:18 pm
amother Dahlia wrote:
Orchard Corset is highly recommended.

(There are also other specialty shops like Bra Tenders, Linda’s Bra Salon, Town Shoppe, Bra Smyth)

Bratenders is excellent

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 4:49 pm
Thanks, I will look into each of these. Would love it if anyone has a recommendation in Brooklyn though.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 4:55 pm
Abergele bras are definitely sold in Brooklyn shops and online. It's worth trying! (I can post links of the ones I like if u want)

bluesclues

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 5:40 pm
Inspirations on kings highway. Rose is an excellent fitter!

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 5:52 pm
You will be extremely happy at BraTenders. I recommend that place much more over any other, more than Town Shoppe. Look up their phone number and make an appointment. They are amazing and super accomodating. There is only one customer in the store at a time (usually). They fit the theater district, so they have every size and type. I've been going there since I was a young teen and I keep going back. I've recently discovered Saposh on 18th avenue, but that place works for me because they convert for nursing.
Go to Bratenders. If Krystal is still there, you're super lucky to get her. She's the nicest.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 6:01 pm
amother DarkMagenta wrote:
Abergele bras are definitely sold in Brooklyn shops and online. It's worth trying! (I can post links of the ones I like if u want)

Sure, that would be great. Thanks!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics