Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Two Names
Previous  1  2

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 3:26 pm
I'm a convert, my husband is not. I was told we can name after my non-Jewish grandmother who raised me and DH wanted to name after one of his grandmothers. So we did both. One could've been a middle name, but we like both.

amother
Thistle

Post Thu, Sep 29 2022, 1:07 am
Miriam is a nice name and lovely by itself, but let's say you are naming after Savta Miriam z"l and

*Savta Miriam died prematurely, you might prefer to name the baby Miriam Chaya

*You almost lost the pregnancy and by a miracle the baby survived, you might call the baby Miriam Nesya

*The baby was born after years of infertility, you may call the baby Miriam Hodaya

*You are concerned about Miriam having a root in the word for "bitterness", you may prefer to call the baby Miriam Gila

*Savta Miriam was not religious, you may call the baby Miriam Fruma/Miriam Datya

I am a big fan of middle names. I have always found a middle name for my kids which I felt "strengthened" or added depth to their first name. Talia is a lovely name by itself and has a beautiful meaning, but if you name her Talia Batel, then her name means "Talia, daughter of Gd" which IMO really adds specialness. If you name her Talia Ahuva, then her name means "beloved Talia". I don't really see why anyone wouldn't give a second Hebrew name, I feel like it's giving the child an extra bracha.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names