Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Sukkos magazines
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Oct 09 2022, 6:24 am
Wherr I live, the Ami is quite a bit more expensive then the Mishpacha.

I am going to buy it(mishpacha )but I honestly feel a bit sick spending so much.

Its gone up by so many poundss every 6 months.

shirachadasha

Post Sun, Oct 09 2022, 6:38 am
nachasmom wrote:
Good Vuch.

Started to read the Sukkos editions but before I was halfway thru one of the magazines I got severe wrist pain and I am now wearing a wrist band. They are so heavy. Help. There has got to be a better way.

You should be thankful that's its the magazine that gained 7 pounds and not you. LOL

amother
DarkGreen

Post Sun, Oct 09 2022, 7:19 am
I live in Israel just realized that mine never got delivered today. I know it should be such a big deal but to me it really makes my Chag. I don't even have a book in the house to read. Sometimes I just can't sit and read holy things all day. Try calling the office and emailing and no answer. I should have realized on Friday already but I was just so busy with everything that it wasn't until today when I was looking for it but I realized. I've emailed them and told them on the phone before that I really don't enjoy their big magazine because I can't read it. And I have older family members also they can't hold it up. I don't understand why they can't put it into two sections like some of the other ones do.

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Oct 09 2022, 7:39 am
Omg the ami living sukkos edition. One depressing stressful article after the next. No! When I sit down to relax on yom tov I do NOT! Want to read about homebirth gone wrong. ALS. A helicopter crash victim. Another medical Saga. And more and more. I threw it down and disgust. All us women are stressed and exhausted and want uplifting and positive reading material when we have some downtime.

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Sun, Oct 09 2022, 7:48 am
synthy wrote:
Am I the only one that enjoys the ads almost as much as the articles?

Are you a copywriter? Wink

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Oct 09 2022, 7:50 am
amother Mulberry wrote:
I lean my head/ cheek on my wrist, resting my elbow on the bed, when reading in bed. Have you tried that? I rarely hold my books/magazines!

PS Mishpacha page 450 has a nice article about my dad.

Ooh! Exciting! I haven't read tackled the main section yet. Looking forward!

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Oct 09 2022, 7:51 am
amother DarkGreen wrote:
I live in Israel just realized that mine never got delivered today. I know it should be such a big deal but to me it really makes my Chag. I don't even have a book in the house to read. Sometimes I just can't sit and read holy things all day. Try calling the office and emailing and no answer. I should have realized on Friday already but I was just so busy with everything that it wasn't until today when I was looking for it but I realized. I've emailed them and told them on the phone before that I really don't enjoy their big magazine because I can't read it. And I have older family members also they can't hold it up. I don't understand why they can't put it into two sections like some of the other ones do.

I wonder if they'd extend your subscription for 2 weeks if you buy the yom tov one.

amother
DarkGreen

Post Sun, Oct 09 2022, 7:56 am
PinkFridge wrote:
I wonder if they'd extend your subscription for 2 weeks if you buy the yom tov one.

I would hope so otherwise it's stealing on their part since it was definitely not delivered. I have a locked gate and Il always throw it over so it's not like somebody else could have taken it. Just frustrating cuz there's nothing in the store. I'm not kidding when I say I subscribe to get the holiday ones I mean I do read it but honestly I'm getting kind of tired of it but out in the stores and it really adds to my holiday. But doesn't look like I'm going to be able to get it this year. Frustrated at myself that I didn't realize already on Thursday but it's happened to be many times before and then they always say through delivering that day so I didn't even think to call.

amother
Gladiolus

Post Sun, Oct 09 2022, 8:22 am
amother Emerald wrote:
Omg the ami living sukkos edition. One depressing stressful article after the next. No! When I sit down to relax on yom tov I do NOT! Want to read about homebirth gone wrong. ALS. A helicopter crash victim. Another medical Saga. And more and more. I threw it down and disgust. All us women are stressed and exhausted and want uplifting and positive reading material when we have some downtime.

I agree, I was thinking of emailing them about it, how are those stories promoting Simchas yomtov when your reading one tragedy after another?

amother
Rainbow

Post Sun, Oct 09 2022, 8:51 am
Genius wrote:
I enjoy ads too. At least there are new ones to look at, not the same same weekly ads that have been running for months.

They should separate out the ads into a separate magazine. Have one for reading material and the other for ads. This way whoever is interested in the ads can peruse them, and we can read the articles without straining our wrists. It's a win-win. Those who aren't interested in the ads don't look at them anyways. They just skip over to the articles, so what's the point of overloading the magazines to the point where it becomes a weight lifting exercise?

amother
Electricblue

Post Sun, Oct 09 2022, 9:31 am
PinkFridge wrote:

They did that for me, but in Brooklyn I paid $13.99 so 2 weeks still doesn't cover.

synthy

Post Sun, Oct 09 2022, 11:18 am
amother Bottlebrush wrote:
Are you a copywriter? Wink
Graphic designer Laugh

Rubies

Post Sun, Oct 09 2022, 3:43 pm
Reading the yom tov issue before yom tov is the ultimate sacrilegious action one can do.

Hatemywig

Post Sun, Oct 09 2022, 3:55 pm
Rubies wrote:
Reading the yom tov issue before yom tov is the ultimate sacrilegious action one can do.

I'm on your team!

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Oct 14 2022, 6:55 am
amother Mulberry wrote:
I lean my head/ cheek on my wrist, resting my elbow on the bed, when reading in bed. Have you tried that? I rarely hold my books/magazines!

PS Mishpacha page 450 has a nice article about my dad.

That was a phenomenal article! I hope the family was happy with it.

amother
Cerulean

Post Fri, Oct 14 2022, 10:59 am
For those who got both Ami and Mishpacha - which had better content ? I want to buy one for the second days.

amother
Aubergine

Post Fri, Oct 14 2022, 11:02 am
amother Cerulean wrote:
For those who got both Ami and Mishpacha - which had better content ? I want to buy one for the second days.

Mishpacha, for sure.

amother
Cerulean

Post Fri, Oct 14 2022, 11:28 am
amother Aubergine wrote:
Mishpacha, for sure.

Thank you so much!

amother
Glitter

Post Sat, Oct 22 2022, 10:12 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
That was a phenomenal article! I hope the family was happy with it.

Can you please remind me which article that was? I don’t have the Mishpacha anymore.
Tia!

PinkFridge

Post Sat, Oct 22 2022, 10:17 pm
amother Glitter wrote:
Can you please remind me which article that was? I don’t have the Mishpacha anymore.
Tia!

About Rabbi Juravel the kashrus mashgiach and authority
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room