Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Nashim tzidkanios letter in Binah
  Previous  1  2  3  11  12  13

PinkFridge

Post Sat, Oct 22 2022, 9:28 pm
Not_in_my_town wrote:
Hawthorne, I fully agree with you.
That's what owning mitzvos is all about.

Unfortunately, it's not easy to find many rabbonim these days who have clear thinking. Everyone is afraid of the other, afraid of the street, afraid of bucking the trends of frumkeit. And many, many have information missing when it comes to how people function and how Hashem created people to function, as well as the antidote to that problem.

I won't say that wag the dog isn't real, as well as other factors that can make people feel a bit cynical. But lo alman Yisrael. We will always have leaders.

Not_in_my_town

Post Sat, Oct 22 2022, 10:03 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
I won't say that wag the dog isn't real, as well as other factors that can make people feel a bit cynical. But lo alman Yisrael. We will always have leaders.

Very true. But they are rare indeed.

PinkFridge

Post Sat, Oct 22 2022, 10:11 pm
Not_in_my_town wrote:
Very true. But they are rare indeed.

How rare?

Not_in_my_town

Post Sat, Oct 22 2022, 11:15 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
How rare?

In my opinion, quite rare. But only Hashem can truly answer that question.

I've seen far too much of inner circle stuff.

shaqued_almond

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 10:10 am
I read through the whole thing and here are some thoughts
1) why didn't the rebbetzin just have them take out the social media icons if social media is the problem?
2) as many others have pointed out, many women and girls are already using these platforms. And many male singers do too. If kids don't have kosher alternatives they will seek out non-jewish music.
3) I've recently reviewed the halachot of kol Isha and it's not very lenient and simple. However, the onus is always on the men! The men who purposely watch these songs are transgressing and it's between them and Hashem. Even if the women were dancing.
4) no female Jewish singer is gyrating. One can hardly call the dancing of the men gyrating. Jennifer Lopez and Shakira is gyrating, though I assume that the Rebbetzin probably never saw that.
5) many female singers are Chabad. That's where the geula imagery comes from. The idea is to turn girls away from nonjewish music and inspire them to do mitzvot. It's not actually a new concept. They make tambourines every year at their women's events.
6) we teach women they're princesses, daughters of Hashem, so why is it a problem when they wear gowns for operatic performances?
Page 13 of 13   Previous  1  2  3  11  12  13 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room