Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
S/O Salads and Dips

mom!

Post Thu, Oct 27 2022, 9:19 am
On the other thread, so many imas posted about all the salads and dips they make. Please post some ideas, looking to change things up.

SuperWify

Post Thu, Oct 27 2022, 9:21 am
Matbucha
Garlic tomato confit
Eggplant carpaccio
Eggplant pepper dip
Grilled peppers
Tehina
Heirloom tomato salad
Fresh string beans

amother
PlumPink

Post Thu, Oct 27 2022, 9:26 am
I make a really good chick pea salad

1 can chickpeas
Slices of different color peppers
Thinly sliced radish
Finely chopped garlic
Olive oil
Salt
Pepper

Chayalle

Post Thu, Oct 27 2022, 9:30 am
I tend to stick to basics, which for us is:

Tehina
Fried Eggplant
Babaganoush
Jalapeno Dill dip
Avocado dip
Tomato dip

(I usually serve 3 of these per Shabbos. The eggplant and tehina dips I make and freeze, and defrost as needed. The other dips I make fresh.)

Salads - we like a Baby Bella mushroom salad for Shabbos night, and a Deli Salad for Shabbos day. For YT I made a roasted sweet potato pomegranate salad. We do Israeli salad for Shalosh Seudos. I also make pasta salads (sesame pasta, angel hair pasta, tricolor pasta).

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Oct 27 2022, 9:35 am
Chayalle wrote:

Tehina
Fried Eggplant
Babaganoush
Jalapeno Dill dip
Avocado dip
Tomato dip

(I usually serve 3 of these per Shabbos. The eggplant and tehina dips I make and freeze, and defrost as needed. The other dips I make fresh.)

Salads - we like a Baby Bella mushroom salad for Shabbos night, and a Deli Salad for Shabbos day. For YT I made a roasted sweet potato pomegranate salad. We do Israeli salad for Shalosh Seudos. I also make pasta salads (sesame pasta, angel hair pasta, tricolor pasta).

Can you please post the baby Bella mushroom salad recipe?

Chayalle

Post Thu, Oct 27 2022, 9:40 am
Baby Bella Salad

Wash carton of baby bellas well. Place in (disposable) pan, drizzle with olive oil (or any oil), salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cover with foil, roast in 350 oven for about 40 minutes till soft.

Greens (I use romaine lettuce)
Thin sliced persian cucumber (or kirbies, scrubbed and unpeeled)
Grape tomatoes
Honey roasted almonds
Roasted portabellas on top (I sometimes slice or half bigger ones)

Dressing:
1/4 cup oil
1/8 cup sugar
1/8 cup vinegar
1/8 cup soy sauce
squirt of mustard
1 clove crushed garlic (I use frozen)

Drizzle dressing over salad

mom!

Post Thu, Oct 27 2022, 9:50 am
Chayalle wrote:

Tehina
Fried Eggplant
Babaganoush
Jalapeno Dill dip
Avocado dip
Tomato dip

Can you please post the sweet potato pomegranate salad?

amother
Daisy

Post Thu, Oct 27 2022, 9:52 am
Chayalle wrote:

Tehina
Fried Eggplant
Babaganoush
Jalapeno Dill dip
Avocado dip
Tomato dip

Please can you post recipe ?

Chayalle

Post Thu, Oct 27 2022, 9:57 am
mom! wrote:
Can you please post the sweet potato pomegranate salad?

I use same dressing as in baby bella salad

Place sweet potatoes in pan, drizzle with oil, salt, a little pepper, and garlic powder. Roast in oven until soft, about an hour.

Salad is greens, roasted sweet potatoes, pomegranate arils, and thin slices of pear. Drizzle with dressing.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Oct 27 2022, 9:59 am
amother Daisy wrote:
Please can you post recipe ?

Greens, sliced hearts of palm, cherry tomato, deli (I like to use a combination of turkey and pastrami), and sliced sour pickles.

Dressing is honey/mustard

1/2 cup mayo
2 Tbsp honey
1 tbsp mustard
1 tbsp lemon juice

amother
Melon

Post Thu, Oct 27 2022, 9:59 am
Olive dip: blend olive and add mayonnaise

Dill dip: Defrost frozen garlic cube and 4-5 frozen dill cubes. Add mayonnaise, salt and a drop of lemon juice

Shukshuka: cubed red peppers (you can add green too if you'd like) add a big can of diced tomatoes, add salt pepper and garlic and simmer for a long time! Delicious, diet friendly!(no need to add oil!)

Easy eggplant dip: pill and cube eggplant (big pcs is fine) cover with plastic wrap and microwave.(10 mnt for one big eggplant).
Spill out juice from eggplant, add salt,pepper,lemon juice and olive oil. Blend with hand blender.

SG18

Post Thu, Oct 27 2022, 10:56 am
Chayalle wrote:

Tehina
Fried Eggplant
Babaganoush
Jalapeno Dill dip
Avocado dip
Tomato dip

How do you make your jalapeno dill dip?

Chayalle

Post Thu, Oct 27 2022, 11:00 am
SG18 wrote:
How do you make your jalapeno dill dip?

1/2 bunch dill, washed and checked
1 jalapeno, seeded
1 clove garlic
drop lemon juice (capful)
1/2 tsp salt
shake of pepper

process.

Add 1/2 jar of mayo to processor, process till creamy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note