Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
I’m fed up with my weight
Previous  1  2

DrMom

Post Mon, Nov 14 2022, 1:20 am
amother OP wrote:
My doctor doesn’t like them. He wants diet. How can I get them ?
Also, I know people on ozempic etc. some are successful some are not. Are any suppressants better than others? More effective?

Ask your doctor why he is so opposed to appetite suppressants. Perhaps he has very good reasons for objecting to them.

Has he suggested a specific diet? Perhaps he can refer you to a nutritionist to advise you and get you on a course toward a healthier lifestyle.

It seems like you know you are eating too much, so it shouldn't be so hard to find a dietary change that will be effective. Sounds like you just need somebody to define a framework.

amother
Leaf

Post Mon, Nov 14 2022, 1:27 am
I'm trying to get off sugar for health reasons not to lose weight. But now that I'm not eating sugar at least not a piece of candy or a cookie. I know that I'm still using a couple of sauces and things that have regular sugar in it but I'm slowly trying to whittle it down. I feel like that already lessens a lot of calories and without the sugar I'm not craving other things. So what about cutting out just sugar but still leaving lots of other food options. I'm not getting rid of all carbs at least at this point. Try to see if my body feels better without sugar. Definitely a process though I know that if I went cold turkey I would not be able to stick with it. And I'm honestly not sure how long I'm going to do this for us really to see if my body feels better.

amother
Mulberry

Post Mon, Nov 14 2022, 3:53 am
For me
I’m successful with OA
Cold Turkey and working the steps works for me
Lots and lots of tools and support if you seek it
From ppl that have been where I am at

I know when I’m off the program I eat out of control
When I’m working my program I feel like a mentsch, I lose weight, and for the most part I’m satisfied ( once I’m past the first few days)
This is what works for me
I lose weight
Sometimes I lose too much, under goal, and food needs to be added to my program
The food is abundant and delicious

Im not going to lie
It’s hard work
The food calls my name a lot of the time
But that’s when I need to use the tools

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, Nov 14 2022, 4:47 am
Shine mama advertises every so often in Ami - have you read what she writes? Lose weight by eating more and working out 3 times a week - anyone's tried it?

her email is Fruitflair@gmail.com

Simple1

Post Mon, Nov 14 2022, 6:41 am
For me it was helpful getting into the habit of eating less frequently and going longer between meals. Find things you enjoy doing more than eating.

This book might be helpful if you want to learn how to eat mindfully without dieting.
https://www.amazon.com/Have-Yo.....r=8-1

amother
Mulberry

Post Mon, Nov 14 2022, 6:50 am
I had a friend who control her eating by painting her nails
Every time she wanted to eat she’d paint her nails
LoL
It worked for her to keep her on her diet

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Nov 14 2022, 7:09 am
OP, medication sounds like the easy way out. But if you're not willing to make lifestyle changes, you'll bounce right back once to you're off meds.
Maybe you need more of a mindful eating approach vs restrictive dieting.

amother
Impatiens

Post Mon, Nov 14 2022, 8:43 am
Im in the same place but for different reasons

I always struggled with my weight but recently gined huge amounts and went from slightly overweigh to obese.

I don't eat perfectly, but not different then the typical person, normal portain sizes, and even when I did 3 months of extremely healthy dieting I didn't loose.

This had my nutritionist recommend that I see an endocrinologist , and I found out that I had many other symptoms of Cushing's syndrome that I had been ignoring( swollen lymph nodes, stretch marks, extreme fatigue, anxiety to the point of medication) Looks like I have a benign growth on my adrenals causing all of this, but I endocrinologist say that my adrenals where probably never functioning 100%.

So my recommendation is: go to an endocrinologist and rule out thyroid or adrenal issues.
An endocrinologist can also prescribe an appetite suppressant if everything get ruled out, but there are many things a PCP doesn't screen for.

If you are in the NY area there is a very fancy, expensive private clinic that combines appetite suppressants with a nutritionist and behavioral therapy. The have endocrinologists on the team to evaluate what the issues are and make a plan accordingly.
I couldn't find it by googling (my friend went years ago and we are out of touch- don't remember the names) but this place came up, and seems very interesting.
https://www.parkavendo.com/tre.....ment/
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise