Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Is Miele vacuum really the best?
Previous  1  2

Bnei Berak 10

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 6:22 am
SuperWify wrote:
So funny. My cleaning lady just told me last week to buy a Meile.

I’m not so excited because 1. It’s clunky and looks awkward 2. There are models that cost $400 and some on sale now for only $200 C1flex - I have no idea if that model is ok.

Anyone weigh in?

I was also thinking of the shark regular vacuum.

I've never owned a cordless vacuum so I can't judge. What's wrong with looking awkward? I buy electrical based on their performance and not primarily how they look like. I also want quality above anything else. Guess I'm kind of old fashioned Smile

SuperWify

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 6:43 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
I've never owned a cordless vacuum so I can't judge. What's wrong with looking awkward? I buy electrical based on their performance and not primarily how they look like. I also want quality above anything else. Guess I'm kind of old fashioned Smile

Not awkward looking, awkward handling with the big clunky box and annoying because you need to buy bags..

Either way, I’m convinced. I got the C2 as per their website recommendation- I took a short quiz. Hoping the vacuum story is finally over it’s been going in for 6+ years.

lkwdlady

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 7:52 am
I loved our meile vaacum. We had it for around 15 years. I will blame it on a careless cleaning lady who broke it. I was determined to fix it because meile was the only way to go. I did have it fixed for around $100 but it broke again. This time I wasn’t so sure I wanted it fixed. It’s true that meile vacuums extremely well and is the sturdiest vacuum cleaner I ever owned… when I first got married I went through a new vacuum cleaner every year- they would all break! The meile was so efficient, never needed repairs until it was 15 years old but it’s a big piece to lug around the house. I heard excellent things about the shark navigator and it’s in the $100 range while meile is in the $600 range. Last year I bought a shark navigator and it’s been working great. No regrets that I said goodbye to the meile. Your cleaning lady can’t demand a vacuum cleaner that costs close to $1000. She has a right to ask for a good vacuum cleaner that cleans well. I would recommend the shark that I bought last year.

ilic

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 8:10 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
YES - They are!!

OP, I made extensive research a few years ago when I needed a new vacum cleaner. I didn't find a single consumer review that I remember that had anything negative to say about Miele, only recommendations and praises.

Acc to Wikipedia, prodution is in Germany, Austria, the Czech Republic and Romania. This says a lot when it comes to electronic consumer items. Acc to wikipedia:

Miele was recognized as Best Company and also achieved a top-five place in the category Best Product Brand. Miele was honored as Best Domestic Appliance Brand in the UK by Which? in 2007 and again in 2008, being only one of two brands to win twice in a row. They have since won again in 2010.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also this says a lot. Heavy? Of course! My vacum cleaner is not heavy in my opinion but heavy means good old quality the way a quality item should be. Metal in it. Any light weight thing usually means plastic and inferior quality.

I bought Miele at 1200 NIS, which is a lot for a vacum cleaner in Israel and I'm extremely happy with it. It's the kind of thing that is so good and sturdy your children and grand children will inherit with pleasure (when all the "made-in-China" cheap vacum cleaners have failed)

When my washing machine says good bye I do intend to buy a Miele.

I did inherit my miele vacuum from my grandmother!
We used it for another 6 years at which point the motor died. Also my cleaning ladies mostly use it and alot of them aren't careful with it, they pull it too far, or shlep it around and up the stairs from the cord or the hose so we had to fix that part a few times over the years.

Technically we can have it fixed by replacing the motor but I got a little fed up with it. Its very heavy and big, and I have a 3 floor house with practically no storage and like I said the cleaning ladies were impossible with it. I bought a very cheap upright vacuum that my kids are now happy to use too for quick clean ups because it's so light. It will probably need to replaced every year or so, but seeing as it's cheap to replace and the miele was also out of action every few months too, its fine for me.

banana split

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 9:11 am
I own a Miele for over 10 years. Canister type. I’ve had to replace the head ($30 off brand) but otherwise it’s an excellent vacuum cleaner

emzod42

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 10:06 am
We've had a Miele canister for about 6 years and it's great. I seem to remember when we were doing research that one of the differences between models was just the kind of HEPA filter (which you can just buy when you buy bags anyway) but that may have changed.

asmileaday

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 10:20 am
For anyone that doesn't want to spend a lot but still wants powerful suction, I bought this 2 years ago and it's still going strong. I bought a few extra filters and keep on washing them and switching off. Keeps the suction powerful.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G.....ss_tl

I had the Miele in my house at the same time as this (ordered a few from Amazon to try) and I went with this one over the Miele. Price was a consideration too.

The bagless feature was intentional too. Much easier to notice it needs emptying and yay for not having to purchase bags.

amother
Anemone

Post Mon, May 22 2023, 9:45 am
asmileaday wrote:
For anyone that doesn't want to spend a lot but still wants powerful suction, I bought this 2 years ago and it's still going strong. I bought a few extra filters and keep on washing them and switching off. Keeps the suction powerful.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G.....ss_tl

I had the Miele in my house at the same time as this (ordered a few from Amazon to try) and I went with this one over the Miele. Price was a consideration too.

The bagless feature was intentional too. Much easier to notice it needs emptying and yay for not having to purchase bags.

Can it be used without the handle?
For steps etc.
Or does the upstanding thing have its own power?

estreya

Post Mon, May 22 2023, 10:08 am
I have a Meile also - is very efficient and still running great after many years. I do have to say that we also have a Dyson and it is comparable - very powerful. I don't like the shlep vacuums between floors. Laugh

Shark is also very good; I have two mini vacs for small clean up jobs (kitchen/bathroom) and they are EXTREMELY powerful. Don't know about their full size versions but I imagine they are also good and maybe a bit more affordable.

Both the Meile and Dysons were quite pricey.

asmileaday

Post Mon, May 22 2023, 10:11 am
amother Anemone wrote:
Can it be used without the handle?
For steps etc.
Or does the upstanding thing have its own power?

You mean without the floor piece? Yeah sure. The power is only in the base.
I'm still using it and enjoying it.

amother
Anemone

Post Mon, May 22 2023, 10:14 am
asmileaday wrote:
You mean without the floor piece? Yeah sure. The power is only in the base.
I'm still using it and enjoying it.

Ok thanks!!
I'm mainly buying it for carpeted steps.
There is one with a filter that costs 18 dollars more.
Is the filter $18? Or is it a better model?
Its a bit confusing as the reviews lump a few models together.

asmileaday

Post Mon, May 22 2023, 10:17 am
amother Anemone wrote:
Ok thanks!!

I'm not sure about the filter.

I use it mostly for hardwood/tiled floors.
My basement steps has carpet, I use it with with the floor piece attached, it's slim enough.
If you need it just for steps why don't you get a cordless handheld? Sounds so much simpler than shlepping a corded machine.

asmileaday

Post Mon, May 22 2023, 10:20 am
amother Anemone wrote:
Ok thanks!!

I went to check the listing. I'm assuming it's an extra filter. The original machine should come with one.

amother
Anemone

Post Mon, May 22 2023, 10:27 am
asmileaday wrote:
I'm not sure about the filter.

I use it mostly for hardwood/tiled floors.
My basement steps has carpet, I use it with with the floor piece attached, it's slim enough.
If you need it just for steps why don't you get a cordless handheld? Sounds so much simpler than shlepping a corded machine.

Because I can't find one that is strong enough.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Mon, May 22 2023, 11:14 am
estreya wrote:
I have a Meile also - is very efficient and still running great after many years. I do have to say that we also have a Dyson and it is comparable - very powerful. I don't like the shlep vacuums between floors. Laugh

Shark is also very good; I have two mini vacs for small clean up jobs (kitchen/bathroom) and they are EXTREMELY powerful. Don't know about their full size versions but I imagine they are also good and maybe a bit more affordable.

Both the Meile and Dysons were quite pricey.

Miele will always be pricy, it's made in Germany.
IMHO it's always worth to buy quality appliances unless you follow fashion.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry