Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
S/O gifts for kallah
Previous  1  2  3  4

Bnei Berak 10

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 12:03 pm
amother Molasses wrote:
I'm not hurt and not resentful. I am hurt that the inlaws never liked me and resentful-ish the gifts I did get were mil's taste opposite of mine.

I couldn't be any happier for those who enjoyed these things. I enjoy this thread, I like to know these things.

What is the range of diamond carat size people use for the engagement rings is my next curiosity.

Diamond rings? Speechless
In my circles nobody gets diamond rings or anything diamond bestud for that matter.

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 12:19 pm
amother Mocha wrote:

My parents insisted on buying my chosson a "Chosson shas" because that's what's done. He had the same feelings I did -- He had the Shas he'd been learning with in yeshiva up until then, and really didn't need another...My parents are well-off and can afford it, but he felt badly having them spend money on something he didn't really need. But felt awkward saying no because my father was all excited about it. They did get him tallesim and a kittel, which he was very grateful for. He drew the line at a watch, since his grandmother had gifted him with one a few years before that was very nice and there was no need for him to have another one.

Oh yeah the chosson Shas, my mother told me outright she would not buy one, she doesn't have the money.

I never would've asked her to spend the money anyways, I knew better than that.

Luckily DH is picky about a lot of things and this included. We bought the Shas he wanted during our shana rishona.

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 12:20 pm
double
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics