Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Can’t diet on Friday!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 10:51 am
I love everything I make and my kids only like what I like! Tried buying potato kugel they only like mine , tried making other cakes and cookies they only like what I like! Was able to diet when my kids little but now that have a few big boys how am I supposed to diet with such heaven food:( and my love language is to cook and bake for my family I feel so good giving them good food nothing fancy just plain choc chip cookies etc but it’s my biggest temptations! Help! Gum makes me more hungry and eating a big healthy breakfast just gets me in food mode:( I could be so good if my tempting food not around but it’s not fair to my growing boys who are eating normal to deprive them of regular challah , kugel meat and cake

amother
Ebony

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 11:52 am
No advice but I’m in the same boat. Friday is my hardest day to stick to a healthy meal plan. Shabbos day and Sat night are way easier for me .

amother
Petunia

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 12:05 pm
I buy a protein shake every Friday. I sip at it all day when kugel and shnitzel are calling my name. It’s a lot of calories, but it’s healthyish and very filling.
I also exercise every single Friday morning even when shabbos is at 4:00, it’s the only day of the week I don’t skip exercise. When you’re in the healthy mode it’s easier to make better food choices.

zaq

Post Sat, Dec 03 2022, 7:01 pm
Plan your week around this. Weight control is not about any individual day but about all your days taken together. You can indulge one day if you compensate for it on another day or days. Assuming that you're not attempting to live off a starvation diet of half an apple and a glass of water a day, trim a little bit off your daily allowances to save for Friday. Then PLAN your Friday nibbling. Allow yourself, say, a one-inch-by-two-inch piece of kugel, one chocolate chip cookie, etc. and include that in your eating plan for the week. This way, you can taste your goodies and still stick to your eating plan. It would also help if you upped your exercising a bit on your indulgence day, even if all you do is take an extra walk around the block or run up and down a flight of stairs a few times.

Also, quit saying "I can't diet on Fridays." Talk about a self-fulfilling prophesy! Tell yourself "I CAN diet on Fridays." Then do it.

amother
Peachpuff

Post Sat, Dec 03 2022, 7:23 pm
I'm struggling terribly to lose weight so I wont pretend to have all the answers, but in my personal experience the more I put certain foods into the forbidden category, the more they pull me towards them. And then when I finally break down and taste or take a small portion of those foods I end up with guilt and a "well, I really messed up anyhow" attitude and instead of enjoying a normal portion end up going hog wild. I do much better allowing myself to enjoy. I might take a small piece of kugel and make sure I have plenty of salad to go with it. If I'm going to eat a delicious cookie I have a big glass of water first so I'm not feeling hungry to down 2,3, or more of them.

amother
Lavender

Post Sat, Dec 03 2022, 7:41 pm
amother OP wrote:
I love everything I make and my kids only like what I like! Tried buying potato kugel they only like mine , tried making other cakes and cookies they only like what I like! Was able to diet when my kids little but now that have a few big boys how am I supposed to diet with such heaven food:( and my love language is to cook and bake for my family I feel so good giving them good food nothing fancy just plain choc chip cookies etc but it’s my biggest temptations! Help! Gum makes me more hungry and eating a big healthy breakfast just gets me in food mode:( I could be so good if my tempting food not around but it’s not fair to my growing boys who are eating normal to deprive them of regular challah , kugel meat and cake

What's so terrible if they don't like the store bought kugel and cake as much? They're growing boys they'll still eat.

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 4:58 pm
I owned a dairy restaurant for 4 months in the beginning of my journey every day and because I was very low carb and ate enough of protein and fat and low carb veg to keep me satiated it was not a problem for me.

Trust me. I was serving delicious food. I never cheated once that summer. Not once. I was completely ok with it. It helped that I felt so much better and did not want to feel bad again. I was full and happy and to this day, I don’t crave these things anymore.

YMMV

Last edited by Chana Miriam S on Sun, Dec 04 2022, 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Dandelion

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 5:00 pm
Make a smaller kugel so there’s just a small piece for mommy.

keeptrying

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 5:00 pm
Same problem!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise