Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Therapy place vs Sensory outlet-Lakewood

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 10:04 am
Anyone tried both of them to compare?
I know all about sensory outlet. They do the emotional aspect and sensory integration.

Does therapy place also do sensory integration?

I like sensory outlet method but it's very expensive. Wonder if I cam get samecare by therapy place?

Anyone tried both and can compare? Or any of them

amother
Calendula

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 10:10 am
amother OP wrote:
I know all about sensory outlet. They do the emotional aspect and sensory integration.

I like sensory outlet method but it's very expensive. Wonder if I cam get samecare by therapy place?

I used both.
For 2 different children.
I was not impressed with the therapy place. My child was getting therapy there for a full school year & they missed that the child had a pretty severe vision issue. It never came up as something we should look into. Once the child got glasses all the issues we were trying to “fix” with OT went away.
They kept treating the symptoms without looking for the cause. I was too uneducated & inexperienced at the time to realize that there was another issue.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 10:47 am
amother Calendula wrote:
I used both.
For 2 different children.
I was not impressed with the therapy place. My child was getting therapy there for a full school year & they missed that the child had a pretty severe vision issue. It never came up as something we should look into. Once the child got glasses all the issues we were trying to “fix” with OT went away.
They kept treating the symptoms without looking for the cause. I was too uneducated & inexperienced at the time to realize that there was another issue.

Thanks so much!

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 10:55 am
I was told therapy place can be a good supplement to what your child is working on elsewhere. It didn’t end up working for me. But if your child can get it in school and it’s covered by your insurance then why not.

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 11:26 am
I haven't tried both but I have tried therapy place and I'm really happy with them. The process to start was easy and super convenient that they have two clinics/school service. My kid is happy and I feel like he's gaining so overall it works for me.

amother
Mayflower

Post Tue, Dec 06 2022, 1:43 pm
amother OP wrote:

That’s interesting bec when my son was evaluated at the therapy place, first thing she said was to get eyes checked before start sessions

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Dec 06 2022, 1:57 pm
I don't have experience with Therapy Place but I send my son to Sensory Outlet even though it's a real stretch financially. I feel that results we have seen bh are well worth the money we paid.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)