Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Spices at Trader Joe's
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Crocus

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 9:45 am
Mushroom Umami is amazing. I also really like Everything But The Leftovers.

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 9:48 am
amother Topaz wrote:
You’ve never been to TJ?!?!

I’ve been to TJ once . It’s a 45 minute drive from where I live. Not worth the shlep.

ima22

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 9:49 am
There's a soffrito blend. In my TJ's it's opposite the spices in a jar. Spicy and absolutely delicious on chicken!

Also love the umami, green goddess and everything but the bagel (all staples in my cooking!)

amother
Crocus

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 10:04 am
ima22 wrote:
There's a soffrito blend. In my TJ's it's opposite the spices in a jar. Spicy and absolutely delicious on chicken!

Also love the umami, green goddess and everything but the bagel (all staples in my cooking!)

Love the soffrito blend but I have some kids who can't handle this level of spice. I advise people to use with restraint on your first time.

chili-n-cholent

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 10:11 am
Lemon Pepper with the grinder!!!
I can't believe nobody else recommended it, it doesn't compare to any other lemon pepper out there.
I put it on fish and in so many other things.
And ditto to everything but the bagel, chili lime and umami...
But I reach for the lemon pepper before all of these

Chayalle

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 12:31 pm
I just sprinkled some Green Goddess spice on my grilled cheese sandwich for lunch. Yum!

out-of-towner

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 1:39 pm
I use the Onion Salt regularly on anything that I spice. It's not just onion powder and salt, it's a lot of different allium and it's delicious.

Everything But the Bagel is good, but IMO similar to any other Everything spice that you get.

Umami is amazing and unique, a little spicy though. Great on an omlette or on Roasted veggies.

I love Green Godess on Roasted veggies, and I also make the recipe on the back for Green Godess dressing using Parve milk with lemon juice for buttermilk and Parve sour cream (Mayo may work as well).

Soffrito is good on meat and chicken but very spicy. Also it may be seasonal (as are a lot of Trader Joe's items).

Everything But the Leftovers is delicious, but definitely seasonal to the Thanksgiving time.

The Coffee Rub is good on meat.

I personally haven't tried them, but people love the BBQ seasoning (I think seasonal to the summer) and the 21 Seasoning Salute, which I believe is salt free.

Personally we don't love the Citrusy Garlic or Chili Lime seasonings, but we don't love citrus type things so that's why.

amother
Ebony

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 2:06 pm
amother OP wrote:
I have everything but the bagel from diff company. Is trader Joe's that much more special?

I’ve found the other brands are way more salty and less of the other ingredients.
Trader Joe’s is the best one.

I also use the mushroom umami spice which is delicious.

hodeez

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 2:19 pm
I've never seriously shopped there but you guys are really convincing me to head out!

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Dec 06 2022, 8:45 am
hodeez wrote:
I've never seriously shopped there but you guys are really convincing me to head out!

Pareve chocolate chips are still cheaper but unfortunately they just went up a bit.
Nice seltzers, too.
Produce isn't badly priced. I wouldn't do a regular full shopping there but definitely useful for what we're running low on when I'm there for other stuff.

amother
DarkViolet

Post Tue, Dec 06 2022, 9:14 am
What do you use Umami for? So far only enjoyed it on scrambled eggs but it's an extra not necessary.

I'd love it if each of you who wrote about it could post what they use it for. 😊

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Dec 06 2022, 9:16 am
amother DarkViolet wrote:
What do you use Umami for? So far only enjoyed it on scrambled eggs but it's an extra not necessary.

I'd love it if each of you who wrote about it could post what they use it for. 😊

Onion mustard chicken.

BrisketBoss

Post Tue, Dec 06 2022, 9:36 am

I didn't mention it, but I've done what I see as the obvious use--mushroom soup.

miami85

Post Tue, Dec 06 2022, 9:38 am
I like the "Everything but the Leftovers"

momof2+?

Post Tue, Dec 06 2022, 9:58 am

This!
What do you use umami and garlicy citrus on? Are either of them spicy? I bought chili and lime, custard I love their chili and lime chips, but not sure what to use it for either...

Chayalle

Post Tue, Dec 06 2022, 10:02 am
momof2+? wrote:
[/b]

This!
What do you use umami and garlicy citrus on? Are either of them spicy? I bought chili and lime, custard I love their chili and lime chips, but not sure what to use it for either...

I use all of these on chicken - I make a sort of rub with spice and a little oil, and rub it all over chicken.

The umami is more flavorful than spicy. The chili lime is spicy. The garlic citrus is somewhere in between I would say.

They are not super spicy on chicken because they kind of tame a little in the oven.

Malkqueen

Post Tue, Dec 06 2022, 10:19 am
I use the umami on roasted vegetables and in soups.

Chili lime on salmon.

BBQ coffee rub on roasts.

amother
Apple

Post Tue, Dec 06 2022, 4:13 pm
The lemon pepper grinder is gone Sad they don't make it anymore. I rrally really miss it..
Umami I add to pretty much anything- spiced chicken, potatoes, rice, grilled veggies broccoli, soups...

amother
Nasturtium

Post Thu, Dec 08 2022, 10:20 am
I use the umami on roasted veg, chicken, etc.

PinkFridge wrote:
Onion mustard chicken.

Do you have a recipe?

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Thu, Dec 08 2022, 10:38 am
momof2+? wrote:
[/b]

This!

Throw some avacado oil into a wok/Frying pan, let heat up(careful to watch it it gets to 500 degrees) throw in haricot verts or string beans, let sizzle and stir for 5 to 10 mins. Shut flame, Sprinkle in umami generously. Soo good, you will have no leftovers
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics