Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
What's the state of your bedroom?
Previous  1  2  3

What's the state of your bedroom?
Neat as a pin  
 21%  [ 28 ]
A bit messy  
 41%  [ 55 ]
Cluttered  
 33%  [ 44 ]
Looks like a grenade exploded in here  
 3%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 131

shayna82

Post Wed, Jun 11 2008, 12:34 pm
thank g-d I just did my third load of laundry (whites) and all the room are cleaned. gota get ready for shabbos. I dont let things pile up, clothing is hung up and folded away or throw down the shoot. the kids have a chair in their room and if they dont know where clothing goes, they put it on the chair, not on the FLOOR.
I hate messy bedrooms

louche

Post Wed, Jun 11 2008, 12:57 pm
freidasima wrote:

The real problem is when you take clothing off and it isn't dirty yet and you want to wear it again the next day, where do you put it? Especially if you have no surfaces to put it on? That was always my problem...

Yes! Exactly! I have a chair in a corner but it does look messy after a few days, and with clothes piled on it I can't sit on it to tie my shoes. (I have a horror of sitting on the edge of the bed for any reason, a holdover from childhood when we were told over and over to sit in the middle of the bed and not on the edge. I've never seen a mattress sag on the edge, only in the middle, but supposedly if you sat on the edge you'd ruin the mattress. It's probably a myth but old taboos die hard.) I'm considering a small carton like the ones copier paper comes in (possibly covered in Contact for less of a "salvage pile" look), which will work for things like T-shirts and pajamas. How about a hook on the closet door or the back of the bedroom door to hang items on hangers? (Unless of course you already have your shoes hanging on the back of the bedroom door, which most people do.)

If you're like me, though, you've probably already filled every available space that doesn't require hiring a contractor. Things mounted on both sides of closet doors, shelves mounted below the ceiling, every bed has either another bed or storage under it, all furniture dual-purpose at least. There could be wasted space between the wall studs that you could convert to a very shallow storage nook, but chances are it wouldn't be worth the expense and aggravation of having someone do it.

Imhappy!

Post Wed, Jun 11 2008, 1:16 pm
this thread is making me feel good.
I have a clean house as a rule. however the bedroom is where ALL clothes are kept form DH and myself and 3 kids k'h. so it is a challenge to leave it clean in the morning before I run of to work... sometimes it gets done and it is clean for a week.. ect sometimes it is... embarrassed

Tamiri

Post Wed, Jun 11 2008, 2:57 pm
wif wrote:
Tamiri wrote:
Compared to an Israeli's bedroom, ours is a mess - but it's clean. We do the whole works, except windows, every week.
Compared to a American bedroom, it's neat.
We don't have room for all our stuff, same problem as many people. We still have moving boxes, five years later! The solution: have less stuff, that's how the Israeli's do it.

There is always that one box. It was the last box that you packed, and it contains the randomest (is that a word?) assortment of things that belong nowhere, but cannot be trashed. Ex: Your husband's first digital camera that only takes nine photos but he wants to sell on ebay one day, a pile of hair stuff that you used to use before you started covering your hair and will one day give to your daughter, (scrunchies will return! Hold on to your scrunchies!) a bunch of stamps that was the going rate three years ago and now you need to add another three cents to each, your high school yearbook, a list of all the simumin for rosh hashana that you can never find on rosh hashana, and your great american novel, still in a notebook and only five pages long.

It never gets unpacked, and you will never see it's contents until you move again.

Well, this winter I opened one of the boxes and found my light spring jacket and a fuzzy sweatshirt that I had forgotten I owned. They came in handy. I found my husband's cashmere coat with matching scarf and leather gloves that are absolutely useless, but back into the box they went - can't throw they out and they won't go out of style. You should see the shabbat coat my father wears, from before Aliya in 1973 - um, did anyone say coats don't go out of style embarrassed

chaylizi

Post Wed, Jun 11 2008, 5:24 pm
yeah I think that grenade visited my bedroom also!

gonewiththewind

Post Wed, Jun 11 2008, 10:34 pm
my room

lubmommy

Post Thu, Jun 12 2008, 12:58 am
Thanks for adding in the last choice (,mod?). Now I need to just change my vote.... It's really good to know I'm not the only one living with major mess and to hear about those who are really on top of their rooms. Maybe some of that will rub off on me LOL .

NS

Post Thu, Jun 12 2008, 8:12 am
My room is always very neat! I never leave the house in the morning, without making the beds. I'm very particular in having neat rooms!

smilethere

Post Thu, Jun 12 2008, 8:17 am
My husband lives with a domestically challenged wife - but I always make the beds, and its pretty neat

my house always sparkles - friday night.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry