Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
6 month old won't sleep more than two hours at night
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 9:42 am
tichellady wrote:
what do you mean you can't nurse again? how do you know that? what happens if you nurse. I doubt your 9 month old actually needs to be drinking milk every 2 hours at night. most babies are nursing for comfort at night at that age not because they need food every 2 hours. I would talk to a lactation consultant if you are nervous about your supply

If the baby doesn't get any solids during the day, then the baby might really be hungry.

amother
Forsythia

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 10:02 am
amother Puce wrote:
I know this is a joke but please please don't do this. This is when their neuronal networks are being primed and can have huge ramifications to their emotional regulation abilities.

The truth is MANY MANY mothers do this

mikayla18

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 10:15 am
amother Cadetblue wrote:
Shes almost 9 mos. I generally don't start solids before 10 months, but I guess I'll have to try a little "early".

Mikayla, thank you uso mich for your time. I don't want to hijack this thread any further.

I highly suggest you give her breakfast (or whatever meal you're up to idk your time zone) right now. I'm sure that has alot to do with whatever is going on

amother
Lemonlime

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 11:01 am
amother Cadetblue wrote:
I came on to post just this. Except my baby is already almost 9 mos. I. Am. Exhausted.

But I have a question for all those who say just nurse her back to sleep. While that's what I normally do, when she gets up every 2 hours I don't have enough milk. It takes closer to 3 hours for my body to replenish. I can push 2 1/2 hours, but def not 2. Husband and I take turns holding her and walking around w her until I can nurse again.

What am I supposed to do??

You don’t need to wait until your body replenishes milk. That’s an old school belief. The more often you nurse, the more milk you have. Just nurse more frequently and you will have milk. Just put baby on you by 2 hours. She will be fine.

amother
Lemonlime

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 11:04 am
amother Cadetblue wrote:
Shes almost 9 mos. I generally don't start solids before 10 months, but I guess I'll have to try a little "early".

Mikayla, thank you uso mich for your time. I don't want to hijack this thread any further.

You should start solids at 6 months. A breastfed baby needs the solids for iron. If your baby is hungry this may help.

amother
Lemonlime

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 11:09 am
amother Forsythia wrote:
The truth is MANY MANY mothers do this

That’s pretty sad. It’s abusive no matter how many mothers do it. I know of a mother who is a big baalas chesed but who puts on ear plugs for her baby when she goes to sleep so she won’t hear her cry. This lady is cruel in my opinion and she will give a din v’chesbon for it no matter how much chesed she does for others. The true chesed is tending to your vulnerable baby when they need you.

observer

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 12:35 pm
amother Cadetblue wrote:
I came on to post just this. Except my baby is already almost 9 mos. I. Am. Exhausted.

But I have a question for all those who say just nurse her back to sleep. While that's what I normally do, when she gets up every 2 hours I don't have enough milk. It takes closer to 3 hours for my body to replenish. I can push 2 1/2 hours, but def not 2. Husband and I take turns holding her and walking around w her until I can nurse again.

What am I supposed to do??

Very often at night, babies don't actually need a full feeding. They nurse a little bit and go back to sleep.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics