Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Wig prices. SM are not money grabbing monsters!!
  Previous  1  2  3 12  13  14 22  23  24  Next

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 8:55 pm
amother Dandelion wrote:
You are also responsible for your words, judgements, hate, middos… maybe work on perfecting yourself. And being that they are being honest they will be fine. Slander on the other hand…

Price gouging isn’t honest

But what the yetser hara does is not only convince someone they’re not doing something wrong, it convinces them they’re doing the right thing

You are responsible for your judgments, hate, middos… maybe work on perfecting yourself.

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 8:55 pm
amother Ghostwhite wrote:
Your statement that women who work are more into their appearance is an untrue generalization

I’ve seen plenty of women who go to work in plain clothes, no makeup and I’ve seen women who don’t work who keep themselves gorgeous

There are working women that keep themselves gorgeous and non working women that keep themselves gorgeous. And there's nothing wrong with that! But a woman that goes out to work every day and wears her wig way more than a SAHM, will need to go to the sheitel macher more often.
To say that SAHM job is to look beautiful and they have money to spend and time to kill, is such a horrible thing to say. Absolutely disgusting.

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 8:56 pm
amother Blonde wrote:
How is it not horrible to say that SAHM job is to look beautiful and they have time to kill and money to spend? It is such a disgusting thing to say.
Just the opposite, women that work are generally more in to their appearance because they need to look good and put together for work.

Lol
If this needs to be explained, it won’t help to explain

amother
Lightyellow

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 8:56 pm

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 8:57 pm

But what the yetser hara does is not only convince someone they’re not doing something wrong, it convinces them they’re doing the right thing

You are responsible for your judgments, hate, middle… maybe work on perfecting yourself.

Your rudeness is getting more astounding with every post. And you still have the audacity to tell others to work on perfecting themselves.
I think that maybe if you work on perfecting yourself first, you'll lose your anger and judgment towards others.

amother
Birch

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 8:58 pm
Ok this thread is getting more ridiculous by the moment.
I'm sorry I wasted any time on it.
I'm out.

amother
Blonde

Lol
If this needs to be explained, it won’t help to explain

You seem to have a kick out of being rude and nasty. I'm glad you you're finding it funny. At least you have something to laugh about.

amother
Lightyellow

I find it interesting that those who have no logical arguments left resort to attacking the character of those bringing the counter argument.

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 8:59 pm
amother Lightyellow wrote:
Cool, nice deflection in this discussion about sheitel macher prices. Can we please stick to the topic.

Exactly
How else can they defend their inflated prices?
Like someone else here said—they still can’t come up with a reasonable explanation for how some sm’s are able and satisfied to charge $50 but the others charge over a hundred.
They’re trying to convince us they’re much more worth it because they’re such experts and the $50 sm’s aren’t. Even compared it to buying designer items! So they’re comparing themselves to Dior!
Hahahaha

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 9:01 pm
amother Blonde wrote:
There are working women that keep themselves gorgeous and non working women that keep themselves gorgeous. And there's nothing wrong with that! But a woman that goes out to work every day and wears her wig way more than a SAHM, will need to go to the sheitel macher more often.
To say that SAHM job is to look beautiful and they have money to spend and time to kill, is such a horrible thing to say. Absolutely disgusting.

No one is agreeing with you
For some reason this comment set you off but it didn’t other people

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 9:03 pm
amother Blonde wrote:
Your rudeness is getting more astounding with every post. And you still have the audacity to tell others to work on perfecting themselves.
I think that maybe if you work on perfecting yourself first, you'll lose your anger and judgment towards others.

Lol. I guess you missed the point. I was told by amother Dandelion to to work on perfecting myself and I copied her comments back word for word.
So I guess you got angry at the wrong person.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 9:09 pm
Exactly
How else can they defend their inflated prices?
Like someone else here said—they still can’t come up with a reasonable explanation for how some sm’s are able and satisfied to charge $50 but the others charge over a hundred.
They’re trying to convince us they’re much more worth it because they’re such experts and the $50 sm’s aren’t. Even compared it to buying designer items! So they’re comparing themselves to Dior!
Hahahaha

I’m not saying anything about myself. I’m talking about the market in general.
The funny thing is apparently I’m on the cheap side for a wash & set. According the numbers being posted here.
I’m trying to stop the attitude that SM are money grabbing monsters as they are being made out to be.
I’m sorry it seems like I failed quite miserably.
It’s very sad to read some of the comments here. We are just trying our best to support ourselves our families & employees while providing a service to those who come to us.

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 9:13 pm
No one is agreeing with you
For some reason this comment set you off but it didn’t other people

(My opinion doesn't change based on if someone agrees with me or not. In imamother, the rudest posts get the most likes. Likes and hugs don't mean anything.)
I'm nauseated by your nastiness. I'm out of here.
Enjoy your bash-fest.

doodlesmom

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 9:20 pm
Sorry, I did not read all the comments, but in every work environment a person has to decide if it’s worth it for them to work for the salary/compensation given.
If not people ask for a raise from their boss or raise their prices.
No one is upset when a worker gets a raise from their employer…..no one expects them to prove that they need it etc.
Same should be for shaitel machers. They are providing an expert service.
They have expenses related to their business.
They also have to pay for life.
It’s not worth it for them to work for x amount at this point.
If you don’t want to pay x amount then don’t.
But they definitely have the right to charge!

Amarante

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 10:02 pm
What part of it is horrible? I didn’t find it offensive at all

Let me try to explain WHY the comment is offensive because you appear to be tone deaf.

The poster is stating that a SAHM does nothing and contributes nothing and her sole value to the husband and family is her physical appearance. Since she has plenty of time and money, her sole "job" is to use it for shopping and cosmetic procedures.

While there might be a few women who are married to fabulously wealthy men and who therefore have multiple servants and nannies, the vast majority of women who stay at home do so because they have young children and it economically doesn't make sense for them to work or they lack reliable reasonably priced day care. They certainly aren't sitting on their tushes all day having facials and eating bon bons.

And unlike Ghostwhite, I will post this under my "real" name.

ETA - This is about as "real" a name as any imamother - I didn't post imamother color.

amother
Dandelion

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 10:12 pm

You are responsible for your judgments, hate, middos… maybe work on perfecting yourself.

Very mature. And you know I posted in response to you saying what terrible aveiros sm are doing in your eyes. I’m not the one who is angry at a group of people, I’m not the one judging others and asking hashem to judge through my eyes. So your response makes no sense.

amother
Caramel

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 10:19 pm
I think a SM is totally justified to charge what she wants. Hairstyling is skilled and physically exhausting work. If you don’t like it, there are plenty of people breaking into the field who will charge less. If you don’t want a newbie then you are admitting that experience is valuable and a commodity.
** I am saying this as a professional with a graduate degree that required seven years of education. If SMs are charging 120, then there’s a market for it and it’s a free market. They are entitled.

amother
Latte

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 10:25 pm
amother Caramel wrote:
I think a SM is totally justified to charge what she wants. Hairstyling is skilled and physically exhausting work. If you don’t like it, there are plenty of people breaking into the field who will charge less. If you don’t want a newbie then you are admitting that experience is valuable and a commodity.
** I am saying this as a professional with a graduate degree that required seven years of education. If SMs are charging 120, then there’s a market for it and it’s a free market. They are entitled.

This totally reminds me of a makeup artist I know who had to take a break because she got arthritis in her arm from all the movement she was doing.

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 10:39 pm
amother OP wrote:
Again no one is holding a gun to anyone’s head making them use this person who charges $120.
There are women who are charging less.
Why do you feel entitled to dictate how much someone is “allowed” to charge?
Why do they need to explain themselves? Does Hermes or Dior or any other luxury brand have to explain why they charge 20k for a bag or whatever they sell?
No one is entitled to luxury. Some are lucky enough to get to enjoy them.
Why are we vilifying those who have a client base that is willing to pay a premium?

This

amother
DarkGreen

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 10:41 pm
amother Blonde wrote:
I recently got 2 decent wigs at $1600 each. I don't think this price is so outrageous.

Were they laced top?
Page 13 of 24   Previous  1  2  3 12  13  14 22  23  24  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels