Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
My friend that is BIG in the wig industry told me the secret
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
Pistachio

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 3:10 pm
amother Maroon wrote:
I bought an ali wig for about 550....
nowhere near the quality of my RX or Irene that I bought after that..
The ali is long in the garbage...
it looked good for a time, then became really stiff feeling but still looked decent and then it went into the garbage or the Purim box lol not sure which

it's possible the hair of the companies are from china and wholesale are sold in bulk for 900/1000 and then resell for like 2000....makes sense...but it's not the same item/quality as the sellers from ali...

according to some poskim this can be prolamatic.

HonesttoGod

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 5:19 pm
I had two wigs. One was a (the ) $2000 high quality well known brand wig.
The second was a small barely known $500 one.

Guess which one I liked better. And the SM who sold me the cheap one was WAY better than the expensive one who didn’t give me any service because I wasn’t dripping in diamonds and coming every 4 weeks to buy another one.

I wore the cheaper one to death for 4 years five or take.
The expensive one is still sitting in my closet. The hair is great but everything else from cut to holding a style to net is awful.

amother
Sage

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 7:08 pm
amother Cerulean wrote:
This. I was all into the Ali wigs a few years ago.... I bought a gourgeous long lacetop wig that was exactly my color, and wore it in a pony.

It lasted fine for a while until one day it began oxidizing.

It slowly got more and more orange and oxdized over time, and I just ignored it because I upset that it was getting ruined so fast, until on Purim someone asked me if its my costume. TMI

That was the end of that wig, and all china wigs for me.
I paid about $900 and it lasted from November to March. Not worth it, in my opinion.

A nice synthetic wig for 300 would last you three times as long.

amother
Maize

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 9:05 pm
amother Sage wrote:
A nice synthetic wig for 300 would last you three times as long.

I just paid 1,000 for a good synthetic wig. Don't know how long it will last me, but it's beautiful!

amother
NeonGreen

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 9:07 pm
amother Maize wrote:
I just paid 1,000 for a good synthetic wig. Don't know how long it will last me, but it's beautiful!

I don’t understand why you’d pay so much for synthetic when you can get a human for that amount.

amother
Sage

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 10:14 pm
amother NeonGreen wrote:
I don’t understand why you’d pay so much for synthetic when you can get a human for that amount.

Probably because, as people have said here, a HH wig for 1000 is low quality and will go bad after a few months. I don't necessarily agree with that, but that's what has been said in this thread. I have personally never spent more than 300 on a nice, lace-front synthetic, but it lasts about a year then I trash it and buy the same one again because I like the color and style. Can last longer if I trim it. I have one synthetic I've worn the original style for a year then cut it a few times to extend the life. Got well over a year of use out of it. For me it's just worth it because it's low maintenance and I know what I'm getting. I am very good at styling them myself and I have a regular stylist who cuts them for about $5 when I feel like the ends have gone bad.

amother
Sage

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 10:15 pm
amother Maize wrote:

What brand?
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels