Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Don't want to give shalach manos this year!
Previous  1  2

amother
Dahlia

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 7:00 pm
amother Babypink wrote:
I'd personally cut out the teachers, and give to my neighbor and friends. That is what the mitzvah is all about. The mitzvah on Purim is to give mishloach manos to friends, family and neighbors. There's no mention of Hakaras Hatov and tipping anywhere in the megillah.

Hakaras Hatov is very nice and beautiful and can be done just about any day of the year. This mm for teachers not only takes away from the actual mitzvah, the logistics of running from one teacher to the other takes away so much of the day.

Send a tip before or after Purim if it's Hakaras Hatov that you want to do.

Isn’t the Halacha to give one person two minim? So OP is bringing MM to her hosts . That’s the Mitzvah. To give something to be eaten by the Purim Seuda.

Teachers MMs are for the kids to feel special and get one on one attention from their teachers and rebbeim for a few minutes on Purim.

gingleale

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 11:04 pm
We only give shalach manot to the families who are at our seudah. Everyone else gets postcards in the mail saying we gave a donation to tomchei shabbos in their honor instead. My kids make and give out their own to friends.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics