Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Fruit Stains HELP!

momagain

Post Fri, Jun 20 2008, 11:49 am
Okay, ladies, I'm at my wits end. I think I should get disposable clothing for my kids! When they eat fruit, it inevitable drips on their clothes, and I can't get the stains out. I even add Oxyclean to the laundry and it doesn't help a bit. Of course, I put bibs on the kids, but the juice drips on the clothes nonetheless. I can't keep on throwing out clothes. Any suggestions???!!

NotInNJMommy

Post Fri, Jun 20 2008, 12:40 pm
1. tackle the clothes relatively quickly. Remove and pretreat after meal, and wash within 24 hrs.
2. (If not washing immediately)Pretreat using spray n wash stainstick, or rinse in cold water....alternatively, keep cold clean water for putting stained (but not especially soiled) clothing for a few hours until you wash.
3. when washing, I use oxyclean spray on stain shortly before washing, then oxyclean powder and detergent in load. for fruit stain, I would try washing on the hottest temp setting.
4. do not put into dryer until you ensure the stain is out. If it isn't, either repeat from step 3, or first soak it highly concentrated water/oxyclean hot water solution for a couple hours. then go to 3.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry