Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Self check-out
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 5:48 pm
amother OP wrote:
No, I don't watch his every move. I look over my receipt once I'm done to make sure there are no errors. Why would I need to watch their every move?
Have you ever been to a store that has self check-out? And have a worker standing right by you, literally touching you, breathing down you back?
This isn't the norm. I have never experienced this at any stores. Stores have 1-2 workers walking around the general area, not a worker per register.
If a frum store is so worried about theft, then self check-out is not for them. Having a worker with each customer, just defeats the purpose of self check-out.

I find it hard to believe they have employees standing over each person who’s doing self checkout.

This is sounding more weird by the minute.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 5:50 pm
amother Periwinkle wrote:
I find it hard to believe they have employees standing over each person who’s doing self checkout.

This is sounding more weird by the minute.

I agree it's weird. Which is why I'm posting about it. I've never experienced this at any store.
There were 5 people checking out, each had a worker standing over them.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 5:50 pm
amother OP wrote:
I would protect myself from shoplifters by installing cameras, not by having a worker standing with the customer as they're checking out.

So feel free to open a store and install cameras,

But don’t tell other storeowners to not have employees watching nearby just because you think they’re standing on top of each customer and practically touching them which I totally doubt.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 5:51 pm
Now you’re saying they’re standing so close to you that they’re almost touching you?

Yes, because when I said that the workers are standing by each person breathing down their back, posters were saying that it's normal anti theft measures. So I'm explaining how close the worker was to me.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 5:53 pm
So feel free to open a store and install cameras,

But don’t tell other storeowners to not have employees watching nearby just because you think they’re standing on top of each customer and practically touching them which I totally doubt.

Ok, so you're just participating in this thread to mock me? That's not very nice. All your posts are basically belittling me. It seems like you are purposely misreading my posts so you can belittle me.
Please quote where I posted that I have a problem with employees watching nearby. I did not say that I have a problem with employees watching nearby.

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 6:19 pm
amother OP wrote:
No, I don't watch his every move. I look over my receipt once I'm done to make sure there are no errors. Why would I need to watch their every move?
Have you ever been to a store that has self check-out? And have a worker standing right by you, literally touching you, breathing down you back?
This isn't the norm. I have never experienced this at any stores. Stores have 1-2 workers walking around the general area, not a worker per register.
If a frum store is so worried about theft, then self check-out is not for them. Having a worker with each customer, just defeats the purpose of self check-out.

No one has ever touched me when I was at a checkout.

I agree with you - having a worker with each customer, just defeats the purpose of self check-out.. and as other posters have postulated - this is likely a transition time for the store.

If someone is hovering over you - and touching you - ask them kindly to move back... that you know how to use the machines already.

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 6:21 pm
amother OP wrote:
Yes, because when I said that the workers are standing by each person breathing down their back, posters were saying that it's normal anti theft measures. So I'm explaining how close the worker was to me.

No - its not normal. Its extremely expensive. BUT it is more effective than the cameras - so suggesting that as an alternative isn't helpful.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 6:41 pm
amother Seashell wrote:
No - its not normal. Its extremely expensive. BUT it is more effective than the cameras - so suggesting that as an alternative isn't helpful.

There are cameras as well. Cameras all over the strore as well as a camera at each sel check-out lane. I don't think a frum store needs to take such drastic security measures. Most frum people don't steal. Non jewish stores don't even have such drastic security measures.

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 6:46 pm
amother OP wrote:
There are cameras as well. Cameras all over the strore as well as a camera at each sel check-out lane. I don't think a frum store needs to take such drastic security measures. Most frum people don't steal. Non jewish stores don't even have such drastic security measures.

Okay - so its not security. So ask the attendant to step-back. Or better - ask her to take over!

amother
Snow

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 7:36 pm
I’m in Baltimore and the kosher store that just installed the self checkout… I seriously don’t like it!!! The cashier is always coming over to me because the sensitive bags either didn’t feel that there’s something in the bag or they say there’s too much in the bag. The scanner beeps something’s twice and some things not at all. And some groceries the upc code is hard to find and then it tells you to pay. As much as my children love making the thing go beep and want to have that job when they grow up, I say no way are we using the self checkout! It’s so annoying!
And they’re right near the doors so it’s easy for people to steal. I’ve seen people shoplift there and I’m sure it’s much easier with self checkout. And if you bring your own bag.
If you’re only getting a couple of things it’s fine but you can’t do a whole shopping in the self checkout.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics