Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
High school rejection
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7

amother
Apple

Post Wed, Feb 15 2023, 1:50 am
amother Pear wrote:
Have you ever applied to mesivta? This is what it's like and it's absolutely horrific. You are stressing out about the timing of frahers, etc. I say this even though everything worked out for my sons. But the stress and not stop phonecards is unbearable.

And if you don't know know how to play the game you can ger very messed up.

I agree if something in this town needs to change it’s mesivta acceptance. It doesn’t work anymore if you have a top son it’s all who you know and who pushes for you to get the earlier farher and basically they know beforehand who they are taking so some people don’t even stand a chance and have no clue and innocently go and prepare their son when he doesn’t stand a chance. It’s so messed up the system.

amother
Clover

Post Wed, Feb 15 2023, 12:23 pm
Chayalle wrote:
I actually don't agree with this.

(and there was a serial in The Voice some time back that sort of demonstrated why the computerized acceptance isn't happening.)

I think part of life is girls learning to deal with this type of thing. My (oldest) DD got into one high school and her best friend got into 3. It was okay. She learned to live with that type of thing. And we all get different things in life.

And getting into 1 high school is the same as none???

small bean

Post Wed, Feb 15 2023, 2:40 pm
amother RosePink wrote:
We got an acceptance letter and registration packet (policies and busing forms etc) from oros. We are a sibling. It had to be back in by yesterday.

The question is did they take new families yet, or do they want to know how many siblings forsure are coming to figure out slots?

small bean

Post Wed, Feb 15 2023, 2:42 pm
amother Apple wrote:
I agree if something in this town needs to change it’s mesivta acceptance. It doesn’t work anymore if you have a top son it’s all who you know and who pushes for you to get the earlier farher and basically they know beforehand who they are taking so some people don’t even stand a chance and have no clue and innocently go and prepare their son when he doesn’t stand a chance. It’s so messed up the system.

I didn't think it was so bad because I don't stress my kids out over these kind of things. I also have no reason to send them to what anyone calls top, because top is an illusion.

amother
Apple

Post Wed, Feb 15 2023, 3:19 pm
small bean wrote:
I didn't think it was so bad because I don't stress my kids out over these kind of things. I also have no reason to send them to what anyone calls top, because top is an illusion.

What high school do you send your daughter to?

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Feb 15 2023, 9:39 pm
amother Cornsilk wrote:
I'm literally freaking out. My daughter's elementary is known to be the last on the list. We are in for a long ride.

So is mine and we got asked by an interview if we would take a spot and forgo waiting for answers from elsewhere.

Hatzlocha.

amother
Cornsilk

Post Sun, Feb 19 2023, 7:05 am
I heard that there is physically no room for about 210 girls. The eighth grades this year have 200 more graduating girls than previous years. I think if each school opens up another parallel class it might solve this crisis.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Feb 19 2023, 7:08 am
amother Cornsilk wrote:
I heard that there is physically no room for about 210 girls. The eighth grades this year have 200 more graduating girls than previous years. I think if each school opens up another parallel class it might solve this crisis.

My daughter told me that there might be a parallel class opening up in BBY next year.

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Sun, Feb 19 2023, 7:12 am
small bean wrote:
The question is did they take new families yet, or do they want to know how many siblings forsure are coming to figure out slots?

Yes, they have taken new families already.
What are considered the top girls schools in Lakewood?

bnm

Post Sun, Feb 19 2023, 7:51 am
amother Babyblue wrote:
My daughter told me that there might be a parallel class opening up in BBY next year.

So that takes care of 35 girls. Another 250+ to go.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Feb 19 2023, 7:54 am
Do all schools have a physical classroom available to add this class?

amother
Lightgray

Post Sun, Feb 19 2023, 7:57 am
amother Pear wrote:
Have you ever applied to mesivta? This is what it's like and it's absolutely horrific. You are stressing out about the timing of frahers, etc. I say this even though everything worked out for my sons. But the stress and not stop phonecards is unbearable.

And if you don't know know how to play the game you can ger very messed up.

We just went through this with our son for the first time. It is so stressful and we lost out so much by being so inexperienced.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Feb 19 2023, 8:05 am
bnm wrote:
So that takes care of 35 girls. Another 250+ to go.

Of course, the other schools have to do their part also.

amother
Canary

Post Sun, Feb 19 2023, 8:09 am
Bf is opening another class also. Bnos basya has room for more girls. Other schools may already be full to the seams....

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Feb 19 2023, 8:16 am
amother Canary wrote:
Bf is opening another class also. Bnos basya has room for more girls. Other schools may already be full to the seams....

Where is bf putting 4 new classes?

amother
DarkGreen

Post Sun, Feb 19 2023, 8:17 am
amother Canary wrote:

Bf high school is opening 4 classes?

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Feb 19 2023, 8:17 am
amother Mustard wrote:
Where is bf putting 4 new classes?

I also heard they are opening 4 classes for 9th grade. No idea where though

GLUE

Post Sun, Feb 19 2023, 8:38 am
amother Cerulean wrote:
I also heard they are opening 4 classes for 9th grade. No idea where though

They are right now in a trailer so just get another one
Page 7 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries