Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> UK and Europe Related Inquiries
NHS or Private
Previous  1  2

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Jan 18 2023, 1:48 am
amother Lemonchiffon wrote:
It really depends, that’s why you have to know which providers cover which things.
The NHS isn’t terrible and you will get treated eventually but it’s getting worse all the time and that’s what people are worried about, I’ve heard recently that for cancer treatments they are missing targets for starting treatment on time.
I’ve also heard an increase in cases of missed diagnoses for cancer where people were diagnosed too late because doctors ignored their symptoms when they went to seek help earlier. It’s very worrying.
Yes for something like a S&P which one would prefer to have faster and you can afford it go private where as with the NHS you will get tested but perhaps a few days later.
I know someone who had a fracture and wanted to get surgery done privately and the private doctor said he will only do it 5 days later because he won’t work the whole bank holiday weekend so she did it under the NHS where they did it two days later.
However I needed surgery a few years ago and I waited 18 months for it, I had to have my pre ops done twice because they couldn’t get me a surgery date within the deadline of three months of doing the first set of pre ops.

Yes, my sil was fasting and her d&c was delayed by about 2-3 hours because emergencies went in before her. For this she paid 2.5k.
It really depends. Here in Manchester we have an amazing Jewish service that if the Dr wants you to be checked for cancer c'v, they'll get you appointments for that day/the next day privately. At no cost. It's amazing. May non of us need to use it iyh.

Eta: we give tzedokoh on direct debit to this amazing service called l'chaim.

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Wed, Jan 18 2023, 1:51 am
amother OP wrote:
I am in London

Are you in GG or Hendon area?

amother
Steel

Post Wed, Jan 18 2023, 1:55 am
amother Lemonchiffon wrote:
No one goes to A &E unless they have to, no one wants to wait in a dirty packed waiting room for 3+ hours.
Either way you can’t get emergency care privately

https://hje.org.uk/services/ur.....inic/

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Jan 18 2023, 2:13 am
And don't forget hatzoloh for emergencies., you can ask them for advice before going into A&E. Often they can get you seen quicker as well, or can treat you at home. Like stitching/glueing etc. I once had a really bad cut, they came and sorted it in my house. That's for true emergencies though.

You can get by really fine without insurance but if you have spare money then why not try it out, see if it's worth it. Maybe you can go on a yearly plan.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 18 2023, 5:22 am
I am in GG. I was referring to Royal Free where I had a very bad experience there and others are saying stay away from there (unless there is a question of a heart attack or stroke (Chas vesholom.)

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Feb 19 2023, 2:05 pm
Any good GP surgeries to recommend in GG/ hendon area? Good GPs and not impossible to get an appointment? Does it exist?

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Feb 19 2023, 3:07 pm
amother Olive wrote:
Any good GP surgeries to recommend in GG/ hendon area? Good GPs and not impossible to get an appointment? Does it exist?

Does not exist. Can never get appointments. I go to jdoc or to Finchley memorial out of hours. GP forget it

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 19 2023, 3:12 pm
I think Ravenscroft Medical centre is quite well thought of.

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Feb 19 2023, 3:21 pm
amother OP wrote:
I think Ravenscroft Medical centre is quite well thought of.

How do you go about getting an appointment there? And the doctors do they give you Time?

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Feb 19 2023, 3:21 pm
amother Mauve wrote:
Does not exist. Can never get appointments. I go to jdoc or to Finchley memorial out of hours. GP forget it

Finchley memorial have GPs and they good?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 19 2023, 11:55 pm
You go to Ravenscroft medical surgery online and there is a long form you need to fill in to register.

amother
Steel

Post Mon, Feb 20 2023, 12:06 am
We do hybrid. NHS and then private top-up care where needed. With what we've saved on years of insurance, this works for us BH.

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Feb 20 2023, 5:52 am
amother OP wrote:
You go to Ravenscroft medical surgery online and there is a long form you need to fill in to register.

I mean once you are a patient is it easy to get same day appointments?

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Feb 20 2023, 5:53 am
amother Steel wrote:
We do hybrid. NHS and then private top-up care where needed. With what we've saved on years of insurance, this works for us BH.

What’s hybrid?

amother
Steel

Post Mon, Feb 20 2023, 6:56 am
Hybrid is just a combination of 2 things 😀

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 20 2023, 7:24 am
I am unfortunately not a patient there but from what I hear they are very accommodating for seeing patients on the day they request.

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Feb 20 2023, 2:39 pm
amother OP wrote:
I am unfortunately not a patient there but from what I hear they are very accommodating for seeing patients on the day they request.

So how come u don’t switch there?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> UK and Europe Related Inquiries