Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Guests
Should they tell me or should I be checking?
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 11:50 pm
amother Celeste wrote:
There really is no excuse for leaving blood or urine stains on a private person's sheets And who would put dirty luggage on a bed.

And just how would you expect an oot guest leaving right after shabbos to clean their linens if they had an accident?

Luggage wheels are a different matter-- that's just plain rude. But what are you supposed to do if you bleed heavily and sleep just as heavily? Accidents, while regrettable, are called that because they're unwanted and unexpected. It's not like people are leaking on purpose.

SweetMouse

Post Fri, Feb 24 2023, 1:20 am
Always, always, always use a waterproof mattress protector on a guest bed. Preferably the plastic type that completely encases the mattress. The fabric mattress encasements and waterproof mattress pads are not sufficient. Cover with a pillow top mattress pad to keep comfortable.

Stained linen is NOTHING compared to the aggravation from a soiled mattress.

amother
DarkPurple

Post Fri, Feb 24 2023, 4:36 am
Reminds me of the time I had my period as a young Kallah and bled slightly onto the bedsheet. I was mortified. We changed the linens. My MIL asked me why in the morning, and I wanted to cry. We mumbled something.
On that note, I would never, ever confront a guest about a stain on linens.

SuperWify

Post Fri, Feb 24 2023, 5:10 am
Op, what type of stain? It is still possible to get out even after drying it. Try using De-Solv-it.

And please don’t throw out the whole set because one piece is stained. If it can’t come out replace just the sheet.

WhatFor

Post Fri, Feb 24 2023, 5:19 am
amother OP wrote:
I would never say anything!!!!
We don't have a lot of money and not being able to use a set of linen is upsetting to me, I was just wondering if there is a way to avoid this in the future.
Stains that I come across (since people asked) blood, makeup, dirt from luggage wheels or something like that.

If you can't avoid, at least there may be a way to clean it.

They sell these at Walmart, Amazon, and probably elsewhere. Different bottles for different types of stains.

The top price is for a whole collection. It's much cheaper if you just need one or two types.

https://carbona.com/products/staindevils/
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics