Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Fed up with filter deciding what I can see
Previous  1  2

hodeez

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 6:40 pm
amother Navyblue wrote:
Only if you look for those. There's no shmutz from ads unless your device is compromised.

Let me clarify, for me shmutz does not mean straight [filth]. For me it's, for example, SheIn ads where they're trying to sell me ridiculous lewd items I would never buy and have never searched for. Also includes fox news articles that say " XYZ actress STUNS in string bikini" and the sort. I don't wanna see that stuff and it's only this filter I have that blocks that out.

amother
Quince

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 6:45 pm
hodeez wrote:
Let me clarify, for me shmutz does not mean straight [filth]. For me it's, for example, SheIn ads where they're trying to sell me ridiculous lewd items I would never buy and have never searched for. Also includes fox news articles that say " XYZ actress STUNS in string bikini" and the sort. I don't wanna see that stuff and it's only this filter I have that blocks that out.

Understood. I have nothing against personal filters. I believe everyone should decide upon and set their own method of prevention for their devices. What I am very against is OTHER people deciding for you and seizing control of your devices. That's simply a power grab and an attempt to rule over the masses.

amother
DarkYellow

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 6:48 pm
amother Geranium wrote:
I have gentech filter. I went through with them what to block and what not. It's usually quite acurate. Sometimes it's annoying. Like when I'm looking for nude color shoes and it's blocked lol. But I can have them unlock it. For the most part it's pretty spot on.

I just got gentech. It blurs out skin I hate it. Is there anyway to unfilter that?

amother
Navyblue

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 7:27 pm
hodeez wrote:

No different than you buying a magazine at the corner store with news you want to read and pictures you don't want to see. That's a choice you're making.

amother
DarkPurple

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 7:47 pm
hodeez wrote:
Ein apitropus la'arayot

I’m not familiar with that concept. Can you explain it please

hodeez

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 7:56 pm
amother DarkPurple wrote:
I’m not familiar with that concept. Can you explain it please

https://he.m.wikipedia.org/wik.....7%AA.

Meaning when it comes to arayot, you cannot count yourself as a guardian

werty

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 8:34 pm
Don't forget that kids play in here!
Even if you think you trust your own eyes, who wants a device in their house that enables kids to view garbage??
And even for adults, I just wouldn't want the access itself , even if never used. A Jewish home should be a shelter from anything portraying values that conflict with Torah values.

amother
Poinsettia

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 10:25 pm
amother OP wrote:
Right, I do have that and much of the time they quickly unblock it, but sometimes they decide that something can't be allowed and they send me an email saying the access request is rejected. That's what I have a problem with.

Access rejected is very unusual IME. Approval's usually pretty fast.

synthy

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 10:59 pm
amother DarkYellow wrote:
I just got gentech. It blurs out skin I hate it. Is there anyway to unfilter that?
you can call them to adjust your settings and allow images.
I find that Gentech either works great or is a huge pain, depending on the level you have set.

amother
DarkYellow

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 9:49 am
synthy wrote:
you can call them to adjust your settings and allow images.
I find that Gentech either works great or is a huge pain, depending on the level you have set.

does anyone know who I can speak to? theres so many differnt numbers online.
I hate this filter is there anything else?

hodeez

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 9:52 am
amother DarkYellow wrote:
does anyone know who I can speak to? theres so many differnt numbers online.
I hate this filter is there anything else?

I have meshimer on my phone, support is very responsive

music123

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 12:38 pm
I have techloq and I really like it, its so customizable and easy to use and they have a very fast response time.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics