Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Where are you finding chometz?
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 5:04 pm
Just saying that being on top of things earlier is a much better plan.
Today I decided to put a clean sheet on the pack n play that our guests will be using. Pulled the mattress out and guess what I found… loads of crushed pretzels and crackers!!! I normally would have done the guest room linen on erev pesach! Imagine if I would have found the chometz then? This pack n play has only been used for one family… they are the ones coming to us for pesach… I’m pretty annoyed that they fed their kids upstairs because my own kids know the no chometz rule..

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 5:38 pm
Funny. I have not done any Pesach cleaning yet. But my cleaning woman was here yesterday and I decided to ask her to do the guest room for Pesach for this reason. Who knows what my guests brought into the room. I’ve found food wrappers and crumbs there in the past , but nothing now.

amother
Tealblue

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 5:42 pm
Wasn’t Pesach cleaning this week but looking for a specific tichel in a bottom drawer, found a whole cracker.

zaq

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 5:54 pm
Other than crumbs on my keyboard, not much outside of the kitchen. The keys are more grimy from skin oils and hand lotion than crumby. DH eats in his office but I leave that room to him. There may well be stuff under our living room wall unit, but kol chamira takes care of that.

esther11

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 6:27 pm
Similar to OP. I randomly opened the pack n play (which I haven’t used in a few years) and found a bunch of crushed cheerios inside it! A friend had borrowed it a few months back, we never would have found it otherwise.

Also found two whole sealed yogurts in the playroom in two different places. Was so random! I have no clue how long they were there.

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 6:34 pm
I LOVE finding items that have been missing all year during pesach cleaning!! So fun!!

scintilla

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 7:36 pm
A whole bagel under my bed, crushed cheerios in a crib between the bars & sheet, pasta in a bag of baby clothes a neighbor borrowed (not from the neighbor, from my resident chometz machine, I know) that was inside a closet I always keep closed. Yes I have toddlers!! And no I don't let them walk around with food! They are just that good. Can't wait to clean the couch and my purse.

amother
Cappuccino

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 7:45 pm
Last year b4 pesach found a cheerio under the bathroom vanity. Like between the space of the vanity and floor. Just happened to be looking for something under there and found it

acemom

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 8:41 pm
I found cookies and pretzels in the glass of the light fixture at my front door...

A snack bag between my son's "prizes". He should know better at his age.

hodeez

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 10:24 pm
Cheerios in between the couch arm and the cushions

daughterofgod

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 10:32 pm
This thread is giving me anxiety

Hashemlovesme1

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 10:36 pm
Not this year, but a few years ago, my toddler loved putting toys inside my rain boots. I let him because it kept him busy. A week before pesach, I discovered one boot was full of cheerios!

gande

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 10:41 pm
Wafer in the pocket of my sheitel box.

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 11:41 pm
Last year on pesach I discovered Bissli in a large potted plant in my dining room

zaq

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 9:09 am
amother Indigo wrote:
I LOVE finding items that have been missing all year during pesach cleaning!! So fun!!
. This is true. Look for one thing, find something else. Though it's usually a glove the partner to which I already threw out, or the lid to a container that I ditto.

zaq

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 9:12 am
daughterofgod wrote:
This thread is giving me anxiety
relax. Kol chamirah was composed for just this purpose. You do your best and kol chamira the rest.

amother
Pink

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 9:16 am
No major damage but one time on pesach I thought I saw a cheerio on the floor. It was very strange since we never buy cheerios. I walk over and take a closer look, and it turned out to be a playmobil donut. Those few seconds of my heart beating so fast made me never forget this story.

honey36

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 9:44 am
amother Pink wrote:
No major damage but one time on pesach I thought I saw a cheerio on the floor. It was very strange since we never buy cheerios. I walk over and take a closer look, and it turned out to be a playmobil donut. Those few seconds of my heart beating so fast made me never forget this story.

Lol. I have the same donuts and they do look exactly like cheerios.

I usually find chometz in all the regular places like bottom of the diaper bag, random bags we use for trips to the park/outings etc. Kids coat pockets, in the arts and crafts box...

I heard a story about a family that turned on their window a.c. unit for the first time the season on pesach (makes sense since it can sometimes just turn warm on pesach) and it started spouting out cheerios.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 10:06 am
amother Copper wrote:
Last year on pesach I discovered Bissli in a large potted plant in my dining room

Surprised

Bnei Berak 10

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 10:08 am
acemom wrote:
I found cookies and pretzels in the glass of the light fixture at my front door...

A snack bag between my son's "prizes". He should know better at his age.

How the heck Can't Believe It
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics