Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Shiva is over -- time to lose weight

Starhavah

Post Thu, Jun 26 2008, 10:39 am
I did soooo much emotional eating while my mother was sick the Jewel Food Store thought a new family was in town. I promised myself I would not worry about my weight until after shiva. So, I got up from shiva yesterday. I was afraid to look at the scale but I think it said 144.5lbs!! My normal weight in 120lbs. I have never weighed more than 138lbs in my whole life. I ate well yesterday and the scale said 143 lbs this morning. I know that is mostly water. I am just posting here for support since I know that is a big part of weight loss. This morning I suggested to DH a family walk after dinner every evening. DH needs to lose about 60 lbs.

So here is to another day of not eating the pasteries the guys left after minyan (I am the office manager at a shul) sitting right outside my office.

I think I will go pass them out to the contruction workers.

Star Havah

Clarissa

Post Thu, Jun 26 2008, 12:18 pm
When my father was sick, I could barely eat. Then, at the shiva, I started eating and never stopped. I'm still dealing with the extra weight. Good luck on the weight loss, but remember to cut yourself some slack -- you've been through a lot.

btMOMtoFFBs

Post Thu, Jun 26 2008, 1:17 pm
Star Havah, I wish you well in your emotional recovery from the loss of your dear Mother. I have to say that I think the family walk is a great idea. Its a positive action instead of just (trying) to refrain from something (eating).

Also, I think exercise will help you clear your head a bit each day, ya know! When I was going through some personal dificulties a few years ago, I used to jog on a treadmill and visualize each step was taking me farther away from my troubles. It really helped.

--BTMom

Starhavah

Post Thu, Jun 26 2008, 10:47 pm
btMOMtoFFBs wrote:

Also, I think exercise will help you clear your head a bit each day, ya know! When I was going through some personal dificulties a few years ago, I used to jog on a treadmill and visualize each step was taking me farther away from my troubles. It really helped.

I used to jog on a treadmill too.. It was great exercise and kept the pounds off. The problem is now my knees are bad. Not bad enough to see a doctor about but bad enough to stop me from jogging or doing a stair climber for exercise, although I can still use an elliptical if I am careful. Talk about calorie burn. Ellipticals rock!!

Star Havah
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise