Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Those with new kitchens, what helped you turn over easier?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 3:49 pm
What ideas you got, and decisions you made with your new kitchen, made "turning over" for Pesach easier this year?

Please mention the "lifesavers" and user friendly tips.

Thanks!

Rubber Ducky

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 9:59 pm
Probably not what you meant, but this year we remodeled our kitchen just in time for Pesach. The brand new quartzite Pesachdik countertops were installed today and we are ready to go! Saved a lot of kashering work! (I will note that we haven't finished our remodel and will not finish until summer, but trim work and such does not affect the usability of the kitchen.)

A more practical tip: Plan Pesach storage in your kitchen or convenient to your kitchen. We have a Pesach pantry behind closed doors (and with a padlock) in our breakfast room right next to the kitchen.

amother
NeonPurple

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 10:16 pm
I don't understand the question

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 10:19 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:
Probably not what you meant, but this year we remodeled our kitchen just in time for Pesach. The brand new quartzite Pesachdik countertops were installed today and we are ready to go! Saved a lot of kashering work! (I will note that we haven't finished our remodel and will not finish until summer, but trim work and such does not affect the usability of the kitchen.)

A more practical tip: Plan Pesach storage in your kitchen or convenient to your kitchen. We have a Pesach pantry behind closed doors (and with a padlock) in our breakfast room right next to the kitchen.

Thanks so much!

Whenever you have some spare time if you can write what you did in your kitchen (that most people havent done in the past), to make your kitchen more user-friendly. You, because of your line of work, WAY more than most others, know what to put into a kitchen, to make life easier. Tia

amother
OP

Post Sat, Apr 01 2023, 11:05 pm
amother NeonPurple wrote:
I don't understand the question

What did you put into your new kitchen, that made turning over from Chometz to Pesach way easier, if anything?

Of course I dont mean common sense things like extra space. I mean what people didnt know exists, like new gadgets, or new ideas.

ChutzPAh

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 12:48 am
Additional oven and stove parts.

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 4:21 am
I bought extra racks for my stainless steel fleishigs dishwasher. (AYLOR). They weren't cheap, but kashering the dishwasher is a lifesaver. Combined with a tzomet timer, it means I load up the dishwasher after the Seder and wake up to clean dishes.

Also, I have a cheap microwave for Pesach, and we leave the chametz one untouched. That means hot chametz food till the last minute. My family is much happier that way. (We also have a chametz toaster oven for milchigs.)

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 8:23 am
amother Ecru wrote:
I bought extra racks for my stainless steel fleishigs dishwasher. (AYLOR). They weren't cheap, but kashering the dishwasher is a lifesaver. Combined with a tzomet timer, it means I load up the dishwasher after the Seder and wake up to clean dishes.

Also, I have a cheap microwave for Pesach, and we leave the chametz one untouched. That means hot chametz food till the last minute. My family is much happier that way. (We also have a chametz toaster oven for milchigs.)

I am amazed that you use a dishwasher on YT! That would mean one of my dreams coming to fruition!!!

amother
Butterscotch

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 8:27 am
Pristine kosher service for kashering

For less than 400 they’ll Kasher your whole kitchen
For less than 200 they’ll kasher just sinks

Mechaya

(No I’m not affiliated with them. Just have friends who used them and I think I’ll do it next year)

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 8:41 am
A closet off the kitchen for pesach storage. No boxes, no ups and downs.

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 9:12 am
amother Apricot wrote:
I am amazed that you use a dishwasher on YT! That would mean one of my dreams coming to fruition!!!

It is a total game changer. I use the timer almost every Friday night as well. (Obviously not if we are just a few people and will have dishes available without washing. )

Actually, the real game changer was making aliyah and having only one day of yom tov! Now, that really makes things easier.

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 10:09 am
amother Ecru wrote:
It is a total game changer. I use the timer almost every Friday night as well. (Obviously not if we are just a few people and will have dishes available without washing. )

Actually, the real game changer was making aliyah and having only one day of yom tov! Now, that really makes things easier.

I thought you can't do this re the dishwasher. It's a gromo.. Did you ask your rov? I really wanted to do this as my new dishwasher has this but it's not OK he said

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 10:30 am
amother Slateblue wrote:
I thought you can't do this re the dishwasher. It's a gromo.. Did you ask your rov? I really wanted to do this as my new dishwasher has this but it's not OK he said

Of course we only did this in consultation with a rav. Rabbanim in my community rely on tzomet.

We wouldn't use a timer without the tzomet adapter, because then closing the door of the dishwasher is what allows the cycle to start. The adapter overrides the automatic shutoff. If you accidentally leave the door open when the shabbos mode is on, the dishwasher will start anyway, and will flood the kitchen.

There are also a few other considerations, including not putting the soap tablet into a container on the door, and only running the machine during the night so the noise isn't noticeable.

I think you can find more on the tzomet website.

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 10:37 am
Oh wow thats amazing. Definitely a game changer
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics