Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Eurovision 2023 - anyone following?

WhatFor

Post Fri, Mar 31 2023, 5:18 am
I enjoy watching Noa Kirel perform generally so I'm excited to see what she'll do live. The most beautiful song this year, by far, is Spain's Eaea.

Every time I hear "Queen of the Kings" I categorize it in my head as "Most likely to turn into a frum wedding song."

DrMom

Post Fri, Mar 31 2023, 5:22 am
I can only take so much of the over-the-top kitschiness of Eurovision. It's fun in small doses, though.
The best part is if I get to watch it on BBC with Graham Norton's biting commentary (does he still do that?).

I dislike Israel's Noa Kirel and her whole Brittany-Spears-wannabee persona and musical style. But I guess I am old.

WhatFor

Post Fri, Mar 31 2023, 5:39 am
DrMom wrote:
I can only take so much of the over-the-top kitschiness of Eurovision. It's fun in small doses, though.
The best part is if I get to watch it on BBC with Graham Norton's biting commentary (does he still do that?).

I dislike Israel's Noa Kirel and her whole Brittany-Spears-wannabee persona and musical style. But I guess I am old.

Yeah I can't really listen to many of the Eurovision songs all the way through. I think (?) that Graham Norton will be a host this year because it's in the UK. Or he'll have some role.

I'm probably splitting hairs but I think Noa's wannabe persona is actually Beyonce. They're both my stationery cardio music. (Beyonce's homecoming on Netflix or Noa's Park Hayarkon performance.)

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Mar 31 2023, 6:42 am
My daughter and a friend have been watching it for a few years by now and so she is obsessed with lidtening to the songs.
I only remember a few. Noa kirel's song, in my opinion is awful. My teen daughter c8mpletely agrees.
And I love king of the queens.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics