Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Weightloss Secret revelead

ClaRivka

Post Wed, Jun 11 2008, 12:01 am
My mother was told by a weight watchers leader that a day where you feel you really need to speed up or rev up your metabolism, you should go for 1 day just eating fruit and water. it really works!

Tefila

Post Wed, Jun 11 2008, 8:44 pm
Ok I'll try it and get back to you on this LOL

flowerpower

Post Wed, Jun 11 2008, 8:47 pm
I used to go on the three day diet that helped clean the body. Day one was fruits, the next was veggies, and the third was fruits and veggies.

cindy324

Post Thu, Jun 12 2008, 4:59 pm
Well, flower, did it work? How much weight did you lose after 3 days?

flowerpower

Post Thu, Jun 12 2008, 5:29 pm
I felt my body getting cleaned and lost like 3 pounds.

btMOMtoFFBs

Post Thu, Jun 12 2008, 6:56 pm
I have to admit I tried this today and I can tell I dropped a lb. or 2. I will have to weigh in the morning to be totally accurate. Luckily, I love all the summer fruits so much its really easy for me to tolerate such a major shift in eating habits for the day.

e1234

Post Fri, Jun 13 2008, 2:14 am
is this good for the body?
My husband has tried dieting a few times by going on only fruits and veggies and nuts... I don't like it because it's not something he can keep to long term - and I think doing it for a month except shabbos is a yo yo way for the body and I wonder if it's really so helpful...

octopus

Post Sun, Jun 29 2008, 7:16 pm
well this is a no-no for nursing.
*sigh* I almost got excited when reading this thread title.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Jun 30 2008, 7:30 am
1 day a week/month/year?

Pizza

Post Mon, Jun 30 2008, 7:37 am
My hubby does a 'cleansing' diet once or twice a year, when he feels hes getting sluggish and his weight isnt responding to his exercise regimen.

He drinks apple juice and water ONLY for three days (we have a juicer, so its the healthy apple juice) Day 4 he is allowed other fruits, day 5 he adds veggies, day 6 carbs, day 7 protein.

He is the type to be able to manage this well. I tried it once, and was so shaky and cranky by the first evening that I called it quits. I dont fast well, either. Or lose weight nursing.

Just remember - the weight you lose during any diet like this is mostly fluids, not fat. What it DOES do for you is cleanse your digestive system, rev up your metabolism, and set you up for healthier eating habits long run. If you go back to milkshakes and pizza, you are NOT ahead.

Lots of luck to you healthy chicks!

happyone

Post Mon, Jun 30 2008, 7:56 am
With a name like yours, pizza, I thought your weight loss secret was eating only pizza -- I can handle that you know.

Pizza

Post Mon, Jun 30 2008, 8:05 am
Halevai!
I wish it were that simple.
My weight loss secret is based on an ancient pizza recipe, with exotic ingredients. Like lettuce.
Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise