Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
PSA: Don’t screenshot posts and send to someone’s ex
Previous  1  2

Kiwi13

Post Mon, Apr 03 2023, 8:55 pm
DVOM wrote:
Unpopular opinion and a risk assessment:

Personal conflicts are tricky. Divorce is probably the trickiest. I love you Kiwi, but I would imagine your ex husband has a very different perspective on....well....lots of things.

His mom could be on here. His sisters. His best friends' wives. They could be reading ever word you write. You've shared lots of personal detail here. What would you do if you felt your brother, your son, your dear friend was being misrepresented? Lied about?

If it was my brother, my son, my friend, being portrayed here as a deadbeat dad, an emotionally or physically absent father, what would I do? What would I do if I felt that portrayal of him was false, or if I felt it could hurt him in some way? I really don't know.

I think the moral of the story here is that posting any information about other people ("my mother in law, my sister, my kid, my ex...") on imamother should be done with extreme sensitivity and caution. You just don't know who's reading it. Very possibly, it could get back to the person you've written about.

As a newer poster I was pretty loosy-goosy in my posts. I've gotten so much more cautious. Imamother is a great place to vent and get advice about sensitive relationships and situations. You really have to be smart about what you post under your screen name though.

Yup. Lesson learned.

NotInNJMommy

Post Mon, Apr 03 2023, 8:57 pm
I'm so sorry. I've been divorced and betrayed via other media and venues IRL. Or even with confidences that were complete deception. By frum yidden. Who I thought were mentschen. Who I thought were honest. Who I thought wouldn't stir the pot. Who I thought I could trust. Third parties, not family. Who just showed me how cheap my blood is and how worthless I am to them. Again, I'm so sorry to hear about this. My kids and I are BH frum despite them, not because of them. True scum.

Cheiny

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 6:08 pm
NotInNJMommy wrote:
I'm so sorry. I've been divorced and betrayed via other media and venues IRL. Or even with confidences that were complete deception. By frum yidden. Who I thought were mentschen. Who I thought were honest. Who I thought wouldn't stir the pot. Who I thought I could trust. Third parties, not family. Who just showed me how cheap my blood is and how worthless I am to them. Again, I'm so sorry to hear about this. My kids and I are BH frum despite them, not because of them. True scum.

I’m so sorry you went through that. But take comfort in knowing that Hashem sees all and those people will pay one day…

Kiwi13

Post Wed, Apr 05 2023, 2:52 pm
Cheiny wrote:
I’m so sorry you went through that. But take comfort in knowing that Hashem sees all and those people will pay one day…

I don't care about revenge. Yes they have their account with Hashem. But what I care about is getting through my emergency situation. New problems keep cropping up.

NechaMom

Post Wed, Apr 05 2023, 4:32 pm
Kiwi13 wrote:
I don't care about revenge. Yes they have their account with Hashem. But what I care about is getting through my emergency situation. New problems keep cropping up.

I hope your pesach emergency plan worked out and you get to enjoy the Yom tov!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics