Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Amazon no longer has free returns thru UPS
Previous  1  2  3

amother
DarkViolet

Post Mon, Apr 17 2023, 8:53 am
I just tested on a random item and it’s still giving me all the options for free returns. The only one that has a cost is ups pickup which always had one.

nicole81

Post Mon, Apr 17 2023, 9:51 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
It depends how far you are from the nearest Whole Foods or Kohls.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/12......html (Well, this article is 3 days old, so I guess the fee was instituted around then.)

Nah, I do returns every single day, including yesterday and today. Amazon dictates where the item goes. I live pretty close to all kids of drop off points, including Kohls. I will return 9 items at once in the same return and Amazon splits it up into 2 or 3 return labels based on whatever their system is for deciding. I'm actually annoyed because I had a whole drop off pile for kohls, and then in my return yesterday they made 2 of my items free UPS drop off. I've even had them mandate USPS in the past couple of weeks.

Amazon hasn't been offering UPS as a free option every time for a while, but they definitely do offer it when it suits them. The real change that is there's no choice included for free; Amazon is now telling customers the method they must use for free return on an item-by-item basis.

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Apr 17 2023, 12:06 pm
Just did my first Whole Foods drop off. Wow. If you have more than a couple of items what a pain!!!! I hate that I can’t get it all ready and packages and labeled at home. I hope more people start shopping elsewhere (I know I will) so they will change this back.

kenz

Post Mon, Apr 17 2023, 12:12 pm
nicole81 wrote:
Nah, I do returns every single day, including yesterday and today. Amazon dictates where the item goes. I live pretty close to all kids of drop off points, including Kohls. I will return 9 items at once in the same return and Amazon splits it up into 2 or 3 return labels based on whatever their system is for deciding. I'm actually annoyed because I had a whole drop off pile for kohls, and then in my return yesterday they made 2 of my items free UPS drop off. I've even had them mandate USPS in the past couple of weeks.

Amazon hasn't been offering UPS as a free option every time for a while, but they definitely do offer it when it suits them. The real change that is there's no choice included for free; Amazon is now telling customers the method they must use for free return on an item-by-item basis.

I imagine it was costing them millions in returns. Not only that, but this probably gets people to think twice before returning something to avoid the hassle. (Hopefully it will get us through think twice before ordering in the first place…)

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 17 2023, 12:13 pm
amother Linen wrote:
Just did my first Whole Foods drop off. Wow. If you have more than a couple of items what a pain!!!! I hate that I can’t get it all ready and packages and labeled at home. I hope more people start shopping elsewhere (I know I will) so they will change this back.

People are still going to shop on Amazon as it is the most convenient way to get stuff. However, I hope enough people complain to customer service that they make a change...

mommyhood

Post Mon, Apr 17 2023, 12:30 pm
amother Linen wrote:

I print the QR codes at home and tape each one to the item to the item it belongs to. Goes really quickly in the store. I love it this way, properly packaging everything was such a pain for me, this way the boxes go straight to recycle I don't have to hold onto any packaging.

mha3484

Post Mon, Apr 17 2023, 12:39 pm
I do the amazon hub in my city and the returns are free and so easy my husband has gone with my little kids and had no issues. Its its own free standing return center with parking. If this exists in your location its the best option. I only have to go to the ups store on rare occasions usually something heavy and bulky or with a battery.

amother
NeonPurple

Post Mon, Apr 17 2023, 8:35 pm
I printed a free return label today

snowflake1

Post Mon, Apr 17 2023, 9:04 pm
I didn’t read through the whole thread but what I’ve noticed is it for the reason for return you do a complaint then they give it to you for free
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics