Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Niagara- fly or drive?

MomInParsha

Post Thu, Apr 20 2023, 1:51 pm
I want a quick getaway for 2 from Lkwd area to Niagara. 2 days 1 night. Does it make more sense to drive or fly? Keeping in mind driving to airport and then renting a car if we do fly….

amother
Crystal

Post Thu, Apr 20 2023, 1:56 pm
For a one night get away I’d pick a closer location. Meaning I wouldn’t fly for an overnight trip nor would I drive 10 hours each way for an overnight trip

nightingale1

Post Thu, Apr 20 2023, 2:04 pm
I know someone who frequently flies to Buffalo and then drives…idk they say it’s fastest.

Personally I’d fly, but I don’t love road trips. Would you enjoy the drive?

amother
Offwhite

Post Thu, Apr 20 2023, 2:15 pm
I’d go for 3 nights drive ~5 hours and find something to do (Corning?) Go to Niagara for 1 night. Drive 1/2 way home, spend a second night. Do something fun and then finish the trip home.

Unless you have a simcha or a very pressing need to go there, save it for when you have more time. Not worth flying or the drive for such a a short trip.

amother
Birch

Post Thu, Apr 20 2023, 2:16 pm
For two days one night you’d spend half your daytime hours traveling either way. Go someplace closer. Or squeeze in a third day.

doctorima

Post Thu, Apr 20 2023, 2:18 pm
If you only have 1 night, you will spend your entire trip in transit if you drive. As much as there's plenty of time involved in driving to the local airport, flying to Buffalo, renting a car, driving to Niagara, I still think it's the only viable option.

But even so, decide if it's worth it. I live in Brooklyn (a little closer than you), and DH had a fleeting thought to go there for chol hamoed, but once we looked into the logistics with just the 1 night, we realized it wouldn't be enjoyable enough to be worth it.

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Apr 20 2023, 2:23 pm
Two days one night is a short trip. Lakewood to Niagara is a trip that takes a day by car. If you fly, with trips to and from airports, security checks, maybe a delay it’s also a long trip. Makes no sense. If you can only get away for one night go somewhere close, two or at most three hour drive, relax and enjoy.

MomInParsha

Post Fri, Apr 21 2023, 6:17 am
Ok guess that’s that.
Thanks All!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics