Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
What would you pay for babysitting
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 11:32 am
amother Papayawhip wrote:
Some babysitters charge by the month while charging babysitting rates. I assumed that’s what op meant. She said 4-6 kids which is a very good ratio.

But I agree, it needs to be an office schedule rather than school schedule. For example, no taking off 2 weeks for Pesach.

I think I am considered a babysitter...I dont go by school schedule taking off every other day

So if I am called a babysitter its fine to cost 700/month but if I called it a playgroup I would hsbr to charge 500?
Or people are fine paying more because its a small group and more like a daycare hours and schedule ?

amother
Cyclamen

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 4:57 pm
I know this is an old post, but I'm curious. If it's a small group in the home, NJ area, frum morah ( a mother) with a smaller group, 3 kids. Aged 1yo. How much would/do you pay? Food included, etc. Hours:8-4:30

amother
Dill

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 11:25 pm
amother Cyclamen wrote:
I know this is an old post, but I'm curious. If it's a small group in the home, NJ area, frum morah ( a mother) with a smaller group, 3 kids. Aged 1yo. How much would/do you pay? Food included, etc. Hours:8-4:30
that's extended hours. And a very small group. Honestly thinking $1,000 +

amother
Opal

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 12:45 am
amother Snapdragon wrote:
100000%. Most morahs are charging upper $400 range, SOME are very low $500. I don’t know of a single morah charging more than $520 and I’m in the “parsha”

Yep agree. I have a few kids in playgroup until 3. None of them are much over 500. Not this year or next year.

amother
Dill

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 12:56 am
amother Opal wrote:
Yep agree. I have a few kids in playgroup until 3. None of them are much over 500. Not this year or next year.
yeshiva area?

amother
Opal

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 12:57 am
amother Dill wrote:
yeshiva area?

Mostly

amother
Lotus

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 1:03 am
amother Opal wrote:

I’m paying $650/700 this year for a 2 and 3yo

I know lots of playgroups that charge similar. I know only of a couple that charge closer to 500

So I guess it really depends

amother
Opal

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 1:08 am
amother Lotus wrote:
I’m paying $650/700 this year for a 2 and 3yo

I know lots of playgroups that charge similar. I know only of a couple that charge closer to 500

So I guess it really depends

How many kids are in the group?

Do they have an assistant?

amother
Freesia

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 1:37 am
honestly there are two areas of lakewood that I have found to have many morahs and extremely overpriced. it has nothing to do with the rest of lakewood. maybe that’s just the going rate in those communities? I don’t know but I looked into a couple places there and was horrified at the prices. it is a couple hundred dollars more and literally nothing to do with the pricing in other parts of lakewood. also was an astronomical registration fee ($250!) that does not go toward your tuition. literally insane. so if people here are referring to those areas then you are going to get very different rates. and it was not just me. I was in a random clothing store shmoozing with people I do not know and both of them said they had the exact same experience in tht location and went elsewhere. do your research.

amother
Lily

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 1:52 am
amother Freesia wrote:
honestly there are two areas of lakewood that I have found to have many morahs and extremely overpriced. it has nothing to do with the rest of lakewood. maybe that’s just the going rate in those communities? I don’t know but I looked into a couple places there and was horrified at the prices. it is a couple hundred dollars more and literally nothing to do with the pricing in other parts of lakewood. also was an astronomical registration fee ($250!) that does not go toward your tuition. literally insane. so if people here are referring to those areas then you are going to get very different rates. and it was not just me. I was in a random clothing store shmoozing with people I do not know and both of them said they had the exact same experience in tht location and went elsewhere. do your research.

What are the cheaper area's?
What are the more expensive area's?

amother
Freesia

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 2:35 pm
amother Lily wrote:
What are the cheaper area's?
What are the more expensive area's?

I had written the names first and then deleted before I posted. not sure if it falls under loshon horah. could cause ppl to lose business. bottom line do research and if the price seems wrong call a few more places and get prices.

amother
Heather

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 2:55 pm
I live in south lakewood area..

I have a 1.5 year old hours are 9:15 to 3:15. 11 kids with assistant and its $800/month (school schedule)

my 2 year old is 9:20 to 3:00 with 15 kids and assistant. I pay $600/month (school schedule)

for next year 24-2025 I will be paying around $650 for my younger child and $550-600 for my older child.

im sure there are cheaper places out there - just not in my neighborhood I guess and def not with good hours.
to me tho its worth every penny if I feel safe with the morah and my kid is happy. at the end of the day these morahs are providing a service.

amother
Bergamot

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 2:57 pm
amother Heather wrote:
I live in south lakewood area..

I have a 1.5 year old hours are 9:15 to 3:15. 11 kids with assistant and its $800/month (school schedule)

my 2 year old is 9:20 to 3:00 with 15 kids and assistant. I pay $600/month (school schedule)

for next year 24-2025 I will be paying around $650 for my younger child and $550-600 for my older child.

im sure there are cheaper places out there - just not in my neighborhood I guess and def not with good hours.
to me tho its worth every penny if I feel safe with the morah and my kid is happy. at the end of the day these morahs are providing a service.

I’m in South Lakewood too and I’m paying $700 for both my 1 and 2 year old. 9:30-3, the one year old is in a group of 9 kids and the 2 year old is in a group of 16 with an assistant. School schedule.

I hate seeing how others are paying less in other areas of Lakewood but I can’t drive far so it is what it is.

amother
Steel

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 3:01 pm
I thought I am over paying!!! 9:30 till 3 for 550 for a 2 year old group.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 3:32 pm
amother Bergamot wrote:
I’m in South Lakewood too and I’m paying $700 for both my 1 and 2 year old. 9:30-3, the one year old is in a group of 9 kids and the 2 year old is in a group of 16 with an assistant. School schedule.

I hate seeing how others are paying less in other areas of Lakewood but I can’t drive far so it is what it is.

My daughter also lives south and told me prices are much higher than Yeshiva area.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries