Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
What's your most important extra to a kosher kitchen?
Previous  1  2  3

What's your most important extra to a kosher kitchen?
Two sinks  
 55%  [ 95 ]
Three sinks  
 4%  [ 7 ]
Two dishwashers  
 6%  [ 11 ]
Extra freezer  
 14%  [ 24 ]
Pesach kitchen  
 7%  [ 13 ]
Other  
 0%  [ 1 ]
Two ovens  
 10%  [ 18 ]
Two stoves  
 0%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 170

Bnei Berak 10

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 6:14 am
Ema of 5 wrote:
Not every house is designed or has space for a second freezer. My dream is to have a full side by side fridge and freezer….one day.

Israeli apartments are certainly not designed for second freezers or fridges. American living standard probably have waaaaay more spacier rooms than Israel.
People where who have two fridges sometimes have one in the living room Smile

Bnei Berak 10

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 6:21 am
amother Cyclamen wrote:
Or they don't trust that all of their children, guests, etc. will be able to remember and keep those halachos.

When I set up my kosher kitchen, I do it having in mind that I'm not the only one cooking or eating in there. I try not to create situations with not much margin for error.

ITA

amother
Geranium

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 6:59 am
Wow, people are blessed!

I grew up with 1 sink and that’s what I’ve always known. I have 1 oven and a toaster oven. BH I have a dishwasher too, which I never had until I was married like 6 years. It’s all about what you’ve already been exposed to/lived with that makes something in a kitchen such a necessity.

I think the bonus freezer is the clincher, most important for me. Otherwise I never be able to shop in bulk how I do, prepare for YT and smachos, or even properly freeze leftovers. When we got our extra freezer space, it was a game changer.

Second runner up is 2 dishwashers. Then 2 sinks. A good dairy toaster oven is just fine, and we eat primarily dairy.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 7:12 am
amother Geranium wrote:
Wow, people are blessed!

I grew up with 1 sink and that’s what I’ve always known. I have 1 oven and a toaster oven. BH I have a dishwasher too, which I never had until I was married like 6 years. It’s all about what you’ve already been exposed to/lived with that makes something in a kitchen such a necessity.

I think the bonus freezer is the clincher, most important for me. Otherwise I never be able to shop in bulk how I do, prepare for YT and smachos, or even properly freeze leftovers. When we got our extra freezer space, it was a game changer.

Second runner up is 2 dishwashers. Then 2 sinks. A good dairy toaster oven is just fine, and we eat primarily dairy.

This thread is indeed an eye-opener. I could certainly sleep in a room with a deep freezer but no way I'll do with one sink!

Rappel

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 7:13 am
I wrote extra freezer, and then I saw two ovens on the list. That's my most basic tool, so that's where I would put my money if I had to choose

amother
Seablue

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 10:31 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
Israeli apartments are certainly not designed for second freezers or fridges. American living standard probably have waaaaay more spacier rooms than Israel.
People where who have two fridges sometimes have one in the living room Smile

" American living" is a huge range! I know plenty people in Brooklyn with a freezer in the dining room or bedroom.

amother
Lightgray

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 1:37 pm
We've only ever had one (double, kasherable) sink and only recently got our double oven (which is very nice, but before we just never made uncovered liquid meat dishes). Our chest freezer in the basement is a game changer for us though. It's such a huge help to be able to cook and freeze a lot of food in advance, stock up on meat and broccoli when it's on sale and always have Shabbos food ready to throw in the oven in case of a blizzard and have one freezer to sell over Pesach and one to clean and use. Our fridge freezer is so tiny that it barely held one bag of broccoli, some ice and some veggie burger patties. I could never put a 9x13 in there
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen