Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Speech therapy in Lakewood, can any therapists chime in?
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Mulberry

Post Tue, May 09 2023, 12:26 pm
Aba agencies like Brainbuilders might pay more. Also have you looked into Children's Specialized?

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 09 2023, 5:04 pm
amother Babyblue wrote:
Ive worked as an SLP in a public school about 40 minutes from Lakewood. The pay was in the upper 60'sk for starting out. There was insurance that I paid a few hundred dollars a month. It was full time around 7 hours a day including Friday but I had the option to leave a bit early Fridays.

are you in the NJ public school system or DOE of the 5 boroughs? Do you think its shayach to apply to staten island and commute? how was the application process for you? Ive emailed over 50 supervisors and have only heard back from a handful. Ive been trying for so long to get into the DOE. I need to be able to get paid consistently. Like today my yeshiva was off half a day so I didnt get paid after 12 which is so frustrating and not by choice.
What are your hours now?

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, May 09 2023, 5:40 pm
I worked for nj public school system. Your best bet would be to look on nj school jobs. I originally got my job as a long term sub and then they offered me a full time position. I found the commute totally manageable. I had commuted to Brooklyn at one point for an internship and found that really crazy. And yes I’ve found working for the public schools was the only way I got consistent pay. I had worked for ei and frum agencies previously and every month was a different story. I left because I needed more part time hours and Im okay with inconsistent pay at this point.

amother
Feverfew

Post Tue, May 09 2023, 6:28 pm
amother Babyblue wrote:
Ive worked as an SLP in a public school about 40 minutes from Lakewood. The pay was in the upper 60'sk for starting out. There was insurance that I paid a few hundred dollars a month. It was full time around 7 hours a day including Friday but I had the option to leave a bit early Fridays.

How can I find a job like this?
Also was it good quality insurance for a few hundred/month?

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 1:58 pm
amother Feverfew wrote:
How can I find a job like this?
Also was it good quality insurance for a few hundred/month?

Yes the insurance was great. Its a blue cross plan that covers, vision, dental and health. I would look on njschooljobs and filter by a 25 mile radius. I see Howell, Lakewood, Toms River and East windsor are all hiring now. You can also start with a leave of absence/ESY position and hopefully it will turn into something long term.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries