Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art
What do you do with your pictures (not professional)?

yo'ma

Post Fri, Jul 04 2008, 2:00 pm
Do you do nothing, develop and let sit, develop and put in album or scrapbook? Do you keep it on a software, etc...?

I develop and write the date, if it's not written, place the picture was taken, sometimes who is in the picture, and put in an album, in order. My mother says I'm neurotic when it comes to my pictures. I think she's right, but it looks good. I don't let anyone have any. When the school asks for a picture, sometimes I photocopy one or take the disc or negative to be developed. Yeah, I also have all the negatives and discs. I write the date on the envelope of the negatives and disc, so I'll know when it's from. I also make copies for my kids and parents and in-laws. Each of my kids have their own album. People I know think I do this because I enjoy it...I don't, but if that's how I like, that's how I have to do it.

BennysMommy

Post Fri, Jul 04 2008, 2:33 pm
Where do u develop them in Argentina?

red sea

Post Fri, Jul 04 2008, 3:16 pm
I pretty much do what you do yo'ma but I never write the location or anything which apparently is not so bright of me cuz all my pics from sem - I like have no idea where we were or what the place was called.

GAMZu

Post Fri, Jul 04 2008, 4:43 pm
I do exactly the same. Smile I put them in folders on an external drive (by month) and rename each one with a number (so it should be sorted in order) date, kids' names and ages. I order from a site that prints the info on the back, so I don't have to spend time writing it. Then they go into an album chronologically. Smile

yo'ma

Post Sun, Jul 06 2008, 9:19 am
No one else takes pictures Confused shock ?---how sad Sad !! You're going to regret it in a few years.

catonmylap

Post Sun, Jul 06 2008, 9:32 am
So far, I put them into a folder with that month/year. Then I upload the best of them to the corresponding folder on Picassa. At least once a month, I share the photos with family.

I did some scapbook pages for the first year of ds's life. I recently incorporated them into a book using artscow (the prices to ship to Israel weren't much more than to the US). I haven't gotten it yet, so I can't comment on the quality yet. I'd like to do another one for the next 6 months or next year. Or maybe I'll do one with just a couple of months(if I really like how it came out). I rarely just print pictures because I think the photobook is nicer than an regular album with pictures.

One of these days I should back-up all the photos to a cd or dvd, but the picassa is a form of backup.

agh

Post Sun, Jul 06 2008, 10:02 am
I try to put my pictures in an album as soon as possible after I develop them or else they sit around for months and then they all pile up

shayna82

Post Sun, Jul 06 2008, 10:06 am
we do the same thing, putting them in a monthly folder on the desktop, then we burn them on cd's and store them.

mugsisme

Post Sun, Jul 06 2008, 1:17 pm
Yo'ma, before digital I used to put them all into albums and collages. (I used to get doubles of all my prints.) Now I keep them in folders by month/year (NikonJune08). I store them on the desktop and once a month I back them up onto two different external hard drives. (You can get them for like $129 for 320gb.) One of the hds I plan to put into my safe deposit box, but I am still organizing my designs on it.

I used to back up on DVDs as well, but it takes a while to burn them and they are only supposed to last 5-10 years. I actually found out recently that some CDs that were back ups from '99 are corrupt now.

As you know, I also make some of my pictures into Shuttefly albums. BTW, everyone loves the Jewish ABC one. Next up I am going to work on a siddur for my little one. You know, take pictures with an apple for ha-etz, lighting shabbos candles (staged), etc. I just wish I could write with Hebrew fonts instead of the English letters in Shutterfly.

su7kids

Post Sun, Jul 06 2008, 1:29 pm
For those who use online printing, shutterfly.com allows you to put ANYTHING on the back of your picture, so a date and who is in it, can be done that way, if you choose to.

I just put my pictures onto my hard drive -- just got an external one -- and every now and again edit and share. I don't have little kids anymore.

I want to make a project of scanning all my photos and make photo books out of them, probably also shutterfly.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art