Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Monthly budget

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 7:18 pm
Anyone budgeting or knows their monthly spending? Can you give a breakdown. We are a family of 9 and need to start a budget, I am looking for some ideas and categories/amounts.

amother
Crocus

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 8:06 pm
Budget for fixed expenses such as :
tuition, mortgage, car payments, health insurance, car insurance, average gas, maaser, investments, savings, food bill, therapy if you have that expense, average utilities including phone etc..

amother
Diamond

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 8:50 pm
amother OP wrote:
Anyone budgeting or knows their monthly spending? Can you give a breakdown. We are a family of 9 and need to start a budget, I am looking for some ideas and categories/amounts.

What is your goal in budgeting? Are you looking for a range of normal spending for your family size, are you looking to make ends meet, are you looking to save a certain amount, are you looking to see how much you need to make?

amother
Magnolia

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 9:48 pm
First know how much money comes in and how much goes out. Make a list of things that are every month-car, rent/mortgage, tuition, etc. are you trying to plan for big things like Yom Tov? Trying to see what others spend?

Optione

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 9:57 pm
As a family of 8, we spend $300-$350 in groceries weekly. It feels like a lot, but it is what it is.
Like pp said, start with income and fixed expenses.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 10:02 pm
Optione wrote:
As a family of 8, we spend $300-$350 in groceries weekly. It feels like a lot, but it is what it is.

Wow. We are a family of 6 and spend around $700/week on groceries these days. No teens. Lots of fresh produce.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 10:18 pm
amother Diamond wrote:
What is your goal in budgeting? Are you looking for a range of normal spending for your family size, are you looking to make ends meet, are you looking to save a certain amount, are you looking to see how much you need to make?

Looking to see what is a range of normal for our family size. I guess something like gas for the house will depend on house size and mortgage will vary and certainly tuition but some expenses are comparable with others.

amother
DarkViolet

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 10:37 pm
Optione wrote:

How are you spending so little?? Is this including produce? Meat? Fish? Paper goods and toiletries? Are you serving pasta type suppers every day?

amother
Wine

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 10:40 pm
Optione wrote:

Wow how are you spending so little?? I struggle to stay within 400$ budget for the week.. and we are a family of six… and one is baby who is only nursing 😆

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 10:47 pm
amother Wine wrote:

Wow how are you spending so little?? I struggle to stay within 400$ budget for the week.. and we are a family of six… and one is baby who is only nursing 😆

We’re a family of 6 too and I spend about $450 and I’m pretty careful… but also like to buy healthier things

amother
Foxglove

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 10:53 pm
Delete

bzmother

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 11:23 pm
We are a family of 8 and spend close to 400 a week on groceries. It used to be alot less before inflation...

amother
Blush

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 11:32 pm
Family of 9 bh. Several teen boys. Definitely spend under 1,400 per month. I'm not giving weekly bc my Thursday shab shopping (150-275) is not the only shopping of week. Usually kids or myself stop into grocery almost daily. We do shop on sale. Stockup onwellpriced items at bingo, shop right etc. We Check weekly flyers look for sales. And yes we eat fruits and veggies chicken or fish every day
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics