Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Training for #2

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 14 2023, 10:10 am
Ds is fully trained for #1 but will go #2 in his underwear. How do I train him for #2? Idk if he's lying to me but when I ask him if he's dirty he says no. Can he be totally unaware?

amother
Eggshell

Post Sun, May 14 2023, 10:14 am
I'm going through the same thing now with child#5 who is my third boy.

Training (especially a boy) for a #2 is a whole separate parsha. You need to track his BM's and when the timing is right, look out for cues that tell you that he needs to go. Very often it comes together with #1. You put him on the toilet and sit with him, reading books or whatever until it comes. Once he's done it once, and you make a big deal out of it, it might break the ice for him to realize how it feels and what he needs to do.

It is normal for it to take a couple of months.

amother
NeonPurple

Post Sun, May 14 2023, 11:55 am
I had this with my son.
I had him sit for 10 min shortly after each meal.
Finally when he did it made a big deal and I still send him to go sit. he’s pretty much on a schedule because school goes every couple hours. It’s hard.

amother
Apple

Post Mon, Jun 12 2023, 10:22 am
Bump. I'm at my wits end with my son. He's almost 4, and will only poop in his underwear. He keeps it in at school, only at home will he have accidents. I put him on the toilet 10 min at a time. He cried the whole time, doesn't even try to go. I have no idea what to do next. Please help!

amother
Eggshell

Post Mon, Jun 12 2023, 11:06 am
You can insert a suppository and have him sit on the toilet until it comes.

amother
Lemonlime

Post Mon, Jun 12 2023, 1:48 pm
amother Eggshell wrote:
You can insert a suppository and have him sit on the toilet until it comes.

That's what accidentally happened to my DS. He would hold it in for 3-4 days and by the time he needed to go, it was so painful and traumatic for him. The first time he had a BM in the toilet was when he had a stomach bug. He just went to pee, and everything came out. I made a just about a party and told everyone and showered him with treats.

He was still incredibly scared, but I kept reminding him that he had already done it.

And we started telling him that when he has a booboo in his stomach it comes out and he flushes the booboo. took another couple of weeks, but then he started telling me that he wants to say bye to the booboo. He would actually also wave right before flushing, and say bye bye booboo.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training