Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Is it neglectful or harmful?
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Hyacinth

Post Mon, May 15 2023, 7:16 pm
amother DarkRed wrote:
Cut the mommy shaming.

OP clearly said that as soon as baby starts kvetching she takes him out.

And that's the only area he likes playing in.

It's a wonder anyone has any kids at all after being on this forum.

Every time on this site people bring up better mothering practices or ideas the ones who get defensive scream, “mommy shaming”. How are we supposed to learn and be better mothers when we cut off all attempts of education with screaming mommy shaming?
Op, literally came here to ask if it’s ok to do It sounds like she is concerned about it and there is what to be concerned about depending on the details at play.

amother
DarkRed

Post Mon, May 15 2023, 8:59 pm
amother Hyacinth wrote:
Every time on this site people bring up better mothering practices or ideas the ones who get defensive scream, “mommy shaming”. How are we supposed to learn and be better mothers when we cut off all attempts of education with screaming mommy shaming?
Op, literally came here to ask if it’s ok to do It sounds like she is concerned about it and there is what to be concerned about depending on the details at play.

Ok. But, maybe wonder why you're wording your posts so strongly. There are other posters who didn't like the sound of it, but they didn't give off the same vibes as you.

ETA I also feel bad if OP listens to all of you, she needs some breaks in the day for her sanity. You might not know what it means to have a baby who literally clings to you all day long. It's important for baby too to have some independent play time. (I'm actually assuming that the posters so strongly against it probably send their babies out, and that's why they don't understand OP. Of course if you only have your baby with you for a few hours a day, it's more important to spend all that quality time together.)

amother
Hyacinth

Post Mon, May 15 2023, 10:41 pm
amother DarkRed wrote:
Ok. But, maybe wonder why you're wording your posts so strongly. There are other posters who didn't like the sound of it, but they didn't give off the same vibes as you.

ETA I also feel bad if OP listens to all of you, she needs some breaks in the day for her sanity. You might not know what it means to have a baby who literally clings to you all day long. It's important for baby too to have some independent play time. (I'm actually assuming that the posters so strongly against it probably send their babies out, and that's why they don't understand OP. Of course if you only have your baby with you for a few hours a day, it's more important to spend all that quality time together.)

I have a clingy baby myself who is home with me all day and I have a lot of other responsibility as well. I get it, I really do. It’s extremely challenging and this post in no way mitigates that a drop. At the same time a baby is only a baby once and the effects of one’s babyhood can impact their life for years to come. It’s not so simple to just leave a baby in a crib for many hours of the day. It’s neglectful and maybe a better solution can be found that meets babies needs and mom’s emotional/ physical needs.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics