Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Machane kadosh- filter on devices
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Raspberry

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 7:51 am
Agree. This is too invasive and my phone is already filtered to my liking... I'm trying to figure out a solution that won't get me in trouble...

amother
Obsidian

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 9:19 am
I had to get Machane Kadosh too
On my phone I am able to see reg images on browser bec I requested it.
My house computer it darkens the skin tones
My son is still able to go on his sports sites he just can’t usually see live games but the reruns (anyways he’s usually in yeshiva during the lives)
My husband has on his phone also blocks images on browser but he doesn’t really use his browser on phone cause he has computer at work that doesn’t have that filter.
I have WhatsApp

amother
Raspberry

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 9:23 am
Thanks. That was very helpful.
Are you finding that many sites are blocked on your browser?
I was also told if you ask Machne Kadosh to open sites or open the filter , even temporarily, they won't. Is that accurate info?

amother
DarkOrange

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 9:25 am
Wait is this for Chaim Berlin??? I saw someone mentioned CB. I’m going to be an incoming parent next year and have filtered internet already but don’t want the school to do it for me.

amother
Trillium

Noooooo this had better not be what Lakewood cheder and bais faiga plan on doing. They’ve always been such a normal school. Now they plan to babysit our internet use? Why? I have a filter on all my devices.

amother
Raspberry

I'm from a Lakewood school but supposedly CB also requires this.

amother
Rainbow

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 10:22 am
Follow the money..

amother
Raspberry

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 10:26 am
What do you mean about money?

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 10:32 am
amother Obsidian wrote:
I had to get Machane Kadosh too
On my phone I am able to see reg images on browser bec I requested it.
My house computer it darkens the skin tones
My son is still able to go on his sports sites he just can’t usually see live games but the reruns (anyways he’s usually in yeshiva during the lives)
My husband has on his phone also blocks images on browser but he doesn’t really use his browser on phone cause he has computer at work that doesn’t have that filter.
I have WhatsApp

I'm trying to understand what's the difference between this and TAG? Why is my school making me do both Tag and machane kadosh?

amother
Rainbow

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 2:19 pm
amother Raspberry wrote:
What do you mean about money?

Is anyone getting a cut from MK??

pgk

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 5:33 pm
Yup cb parent here. Think it’s blackmail and coercion. My luck I have multiple boys at all entry levels so I’ll be busy with this for a long time. My husbands phone is now garbage because it crashed due to an update being blocked by the filter. Makes me mad.

bsy

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 6:15 pm
amother Ruby wrote:
I'm trying to understand what's the difference between this and TAG? Why is my school making me do both Tag and machane kadosh?

Machane kadosh is just a level of filtering done through tag. They know the "rules" of certifying a device as adhering to the Uber strict standards of machane kadosh

amother
Stoneblue

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 6:54 pm
Is this yeshiva uber yeshivish?

amother
DarkOrange

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 7:07 pm
Can someone please confirm the CB you’re talking about isn’t Chaim Berlin?

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Jul 25 2023, 10:51 pm
Can someome tell me what to expect at my meeting with machane kadosh? I need to get a certificate for the school. (In Lakewood)

Fabulous

Post Tue, Jul 25 2023, 11:10 pm
I did it through machane Kadosh last year and I had such a good experience. It is possible bec the yeshiva was not monitoring what we did but rather just that we did it. He put on whatever level we felt comfortable at. The devices the kids had access to they recommended higher filtration but for my phone- I could keep whatever I wanted including instagram (which I didn’t need but they offered), Netflix etc. they just want the really bad stuff from the parents devices and you to be aware more for the kids.

That was my experience and they added whatever I needed added later.

The filters were through gentech and it was a small office so when I got new devices I just went straight to the gentech office in gg north

The appointments take a very long time because they go through the thousand options and categories you might want to block.

They showed me the skin thing- it wasn’t darkening so much as graying. Not for me.

I actually was super impressed that it was whatever level you want without judgement

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 9:10 am
Fabulous wrote:
I did it through machane Kadosh last year and I had such a good experience. It is possible bec the yeshiva was not monitoring what we did but rather just that we did it. He put on whatever level we felt comfortable at. The devices the kids had access to they recommended higher filtration but for my phone- I could keep whatever I wanted including instagram (which I didn’t need but they offered), Netflix etc. they just want the really bad stuff from the parents devices and you to be aware more for the kids.

That was my experience and they added whatever I needed added later.

The filters were through gentech and it was a small office so when I got new devices I just went straight to the gentech office in gg north

The appointments take a very long time because they go through the thousand options and categories you might want to block.

They showed me the skin thing- it wasn’t darkening so much as graying. Not for me.

I actually was super impressed that it was whatever level you want without judgement

Thank you. Do you know if it's the type where just DH can go? Or they want both parents there?

amother
Dahlia

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 11:23 pm
Not sure if this is the right forum but my husband has a filter on his phone and now says that I also should have one (not such a heavy one but some sort of filter ) I told him it’s not necessary and that I don’t believe in filters .. do you all think it’s important ?

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Aug 08 2023, 12:01 am
I have it and absolutely hate it.
I had a filter beforehand, but as an adult, I chose what I wanted filtered with tag
Now the school is controlling me
I still have my iPad and computer which I didn’t bring to machne Kadosh so whatever
It’s just frustrating
Especially because I’m not an incoming parent, we sent to the school for many years before they implemented this

amother
DarkGray

Post Tue, Aug 08 2023, 11:12 pm
What filter do they allow?
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics